IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Setting up Protected Content for OVR Layer on Oculus Quest

bmoose0bmoose0 Posts: 2
NerveGear
From this doc page for "Using VR Compositor Layers" under the "Under Protected Content" section, it says that for Oculus Quest, in addition to selecting the "Protected Content" flag for OVR, we "must also render the OVROverlay layer as an External Surface and select Protected Content in Player Settings > Virtual Reality > Oculus."

I'm using Unity version 2019.4.2f1 for Linux - I have the Oculus SDK and XR Plugin installed. I cannot find the "Protected Content" setting anywhere in Player Settings. Is this instruction still relevant? Is there anything else still required other than selecting the option on the OVROverlay script?

Comments