cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link + Hand Tracking limitations?

Schaeferyn
Honored Guest
Are there any hardware (or any at all) limitations that would prevent hand tracking from working in Oculus Link through the Unity editor?

I've been using it for a month or two now, but a teammate of mine with a very similar machine/setup is unable to make it work. He's had zero issues using Link aside from hand tracking, and it's becoming very anti-productive trying to troubleshoot. Both of us are working on the same project, using the same headset firmware and the same oculus software version. I suspect the only actual difference is the cable being used. He's had no other issues using Unity + Link aside from this, so I'm curious if hand tracking (in Link or the Unity Editor) is somehow limited to only the official Oculus Link Cable or if there's a similar limitation that isn't mentioned in any tutorials.
1 REPLY 1

timeswitch
Explorer
Try doing the USB speedtest inside the oculus software on both computers, maybe he has a bad cable or is using usb 2.0? If both speed are comparable, maybe he has just forgotten to enable hand tracking on his quest?