Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Another .... Low Performance Headroom

Hi guys, here from Argentina.

Recently i update my setup to AMD.  And im having issues with the Rift S. I try contact the Oculus support but is like a crazy talk with tips to fix my issue, and no one is working.

Motherboard: B550-F Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 3600x (stock) + H100i Pro XT Rgb
2 x SSD NVME (512 + 250gb)
DDR4 Gskill 3600 (3733 oc) 2x8gb
Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super
XFX 850w Black Edition

The issues is the jumping Headroom Performance... in the Oculus home is Stuck in 70% , but inmedatily in any game (Oculus or Steam) is lowered to 10/20/negative.

Things i try

- Reinstall Nvidia Drivers/Install older drivers
- Nvidia Control Panel
- ASW On/Off
- Lower settings in the game
- Differents Usb (3.1 Gen2, 3.1 gen1, 3.0, 2.0) 
- Change my Energy Plan
- Reset the cables headset
- Change GPU usage, with regedit.
- Install the games in differents HDD

Im out of options ... the last thing i gonna try is install another version of windows. But is frustrating.

Alyx with all med and SS default, is jumping from 0 to 20 , and negative. 
Lone Echo (Oculus) with med and SS default , is more like 20 , with spikes of 0.

Is normal that performance with my setup? My fps always is locked at 80 without framedrops.

Thanks for the help
Later i update with a video.

Comments

• bohemio00bohemio00 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Something i notice .. is the GPU usage , never goes up to 60%, and the Cpu is lower like .. 40%

In non vr games , is always about 90/95.
  • chrisogradychrisogrady Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    edited September 11
    I have the same issue with an AMD 3950X and RTX 2080. I play War Thunder on Medium and I have crazy negative headroom performance spikes every second when moving my head. I created a support case and they "solved" it without even replying. I created a youtube video but apparently I'm not able to post links here yet: you will have to add https to this youtu.be/bjFpVshcMCI