cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreal 4.25 Oculus compile error: chcp.com

thomas_prewitt_
Protege
Compiling everything gives error about a website that no longer exist.
https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/tree/4.25 instructions were followed.  After compiling was completed I get the error
The command "C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcp.com 65001 > NUL
That website forwards to another one written in Chinese.  What does this do and why is it in there?
4hbh93pjbro7.png

1 REPLY 1

DFPercush
Honored Guest
chcp (dot) com is not referring to a website. If you tried to go there you should probably run a full virus scan on your system. "com" here is like ".exe", it's a program on your system. Probably means "command" or "core image" (that's the old school DOS meaning)...  chcp is "change code page" - it changes the character set of the console, in this case to UTF-8 (65001), it's basically a way to display unicode characters in the terminal. This is not the source of your error. Forget the error list, open the build output window and scroll up. The Unreal Engine VS project just calls external tools to build itself, so Visual Studio doesn't know exactly where the error was, it just knows that the command "build.bat" failed - which you'll see on a second line if you look at output rather than error list. The chcp stuff is just setting up that batch file to run with unicode text. I'm having the same message right now, but I can see some C++ errors farther up in the log, that's the issue. We might need to use the "release" branch, I'm trying on master right now and it seems broken.