Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Quest 2 - Unity - Issue with OVR Scene Quick Preview

mariuxtheonemariuxtheone Posts: 9
Brain Burst
Hello,

I am trying to run the OVR Scene Quick Preview on the Quest 2 for my Unity game. While it works perfectly on Quest 1, on Quest 2 this is what happens:

1) Build and Deploy App works fine, it runs the OVR Transition Scene on Quest 2 (Black screen with floating white windows saying "Failed to Get Scene Info Data"
2) When I try to do Build And Deploy Scenes, I get this error:

Log
Building and deploying transition APK  . . . Success!
Building scene bundles . . . 
Deploying scene bundles to device . . . 
Failed!
adb: error: failed to stat remote object '/sdcard/Android/data/com.my.vrgame/cache/scenes/OVRMasterBundle': No such file or directory

and it doesn't run.

I have allowed for the data permission on Quest 2. Suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• Korax19Korax19 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue, though I do not own a Quest 1 so I am not sure if it would work. Did you manage to solve the problem?
  • mariuxtheonemariuxtheone Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    No, still getting the same error. Tried with a fresh project importing the Oculus plugin from scratch, still getting the same.
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    Same problem here!
  • TimothyNLTimothyNL Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 16
    No, still getting the same error. Tried with a fresh project importing the Oculus plugin from scratch, still getting the same.
    I have the same problem, with the Quest 2 in Unity 2020.1.4f1 with Oculus Integration 20.1.0. 
    I thought I might try a new project, but thanks for the heads up that that won't help!

(Am new to (VR) development, and new to these fora. Just got a Quest 2 and finished the Create with Code course, I work with an average laptop so Link won't work for me. DM me if you have any starter tips or tricks).
  • mdroxasmdroxas Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I tried the sample scenes. While they deploy and the cameras work, the controllers are not visible. The HandTest_Custom has hands, but in different orientation and the buttons don't work.

Are we to assume that Unity Integration is not working for Quest 2?
    Brain Burst
    Btw: tried the OVR Build APK & Run, also that one doesn't work. Looks like it's a permissions problem.

Getting this in the Log when trying to run OVR Build APK & Run:

OVRADBTool avc:  denied  { read } for  scontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:sdcardfs:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
    System server has no access to read file context u:object_r:sdcardfs:s0 (from path /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk, context u:r:system_server:s0)
    Error: Unable to open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
    Consider using a file under /data/local/tmp/
    Error: Can't open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
    Exception occurred while executing:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error: Can't open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.setParamsSize(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:461)
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runInstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:1060)
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:169)
    at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:108)
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:21881)
    at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:881)
    at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:765)
    at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4880)
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:4015)
    at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1021)
    at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:994)

I'm on Unity 2019.4.5f1 with the related Android SDK installed automatically with Unity.
    Brain Burst
    Also OVR Build APK & Run doesn't work.

It looks like a permission error. I'm on Unity 2019.4.5f1, Android SDK installed with this version of Unity. 

This is what I am getting in the Log;

OVRADBTool avc:  denied  { read } for  scontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:sdcardfs:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
    System server has no access to read file context u:object_r:sdcardfs:s0 (from path /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk, context u:r:system_server:s0)
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error: Can't open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.setParamsSize(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:461)
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runInstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:1060)
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:169)
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:21881)
    at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4880)
    at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:4015)

• WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    We can't be the only ones having this problem, right?
  • originlaboriginlab Posts: 9 Oculus Start Member
    Same problem here!
  • dustwisedustwise Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 19
    I am also experiencing this issue. As a developer who is using Oculus hardware and Oculus software, it is frustrating buying into an ecosystem to have it not function.

Question: Is anyone else here having further issues with their Android installs?

I've had to install Android Studio and point Unity to them. I am also prompted to upgrade my Android SDK (and am unable to) on building and have to tell it to use the highest installed, which I assume is coming from my Studio installs.

Why are we unable to preview our scenes? Any successes?

I am disheartened no one from Oculus has responded.

EDIT: I managed to fix my SDK issue by following unity_03phillipsm's advice here: answers.unity.com/questions/1750743/unable-to-start-adb-server-make-sure-the-android-s should it be affecting anyone else. That said, it did not resolve the OVRMasterBundle issue posed by the thread.
  • Korax_19Korax_19 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Also OVR Build APK & Run doesn't work.

It looks like a permission error. I'm on Unity 2019.4.5f1, Android SDK installed with this version of Unity. 

This is what I am getting in the Log;

OVR Build APK and Run is working for me on the Quest 2, only the Scene Quick Preview does not.