IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Quest 2 - Local Storage Path changed? - Quest1 App broken!

TheSwanCollectiveTheSwanCollective Posts: 27
Brain Burst
edited October 18 in Oculus Quest Development
Dear all,

I developed a few APKs that run perfectly on Go and Quest 1.
A Unity video player loads a video stored in a local folder on runtime. For that, I switched the video source to URL and its path to /mnt/sdcard/myfolder/video.mp4

Now on Quest 2, it doesn't load the video! Is there a new path? Or does Quest 2 not accept ARMv7 APKs? The app is running on Quest 2, mind you, but not loading the video - as if it doesn't know where to look for the files.

I hope someone from the Oculus officials can shed some light on this.

Thanks
Felix

Comments

• TheSwanCollectiveTheSwanCollective Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Brain Burst
  • ruud3DVruud3DV Posts: 21 Oculus Start Member
    Same issue here: in a Quest app a video file is loaded from local storage: file:///storage/emulated/0/MyFolder/MyVideo.mp4
    It runs fine on Quest 1 but on Quest 2 the file can't be played. File is correctly placed and not corrupted. App has correct read/write permissions for external storage. Target API level is 27.

Brain Burst
    @ruud3DV thanks for acknowledging the problem! Hope to get an answer soon! 
    Brain Burst
    Any answers to this @OculusSupport
  • Ham1tonHam1ton Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    I'm having a different but perhaps similar issue. Our Quest 1 app has a custom save function that works great, but on the Quest 2 it crashes the app. Has a path changed or some permissions or something? I'm using Unreal 4.25.3 both Binary and Oculus Integration versions, happens the same way on both. Any help on this would be much appreciated.