Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Android app not showing up when Unity project contains 'Oculus' folder

akodynakodyn Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello, after developing a VR app in Oculus Quest and I repurpose the app to run on Android phone instead, while the Oculus Integration is still inside Unity directory (Oculus folder), no matter what I export and modify the Android Manifest file (intent.category.DEFAULT/INFO/LAUNCHER), the app doesn't show up in application list (App Drawer) in my android phone/tablet. In the end I have to remove the entire Oculus folder and magically it appears again. So, my question is, how to have the app icon shows up and I don't have to remove Oculus Integration folder. I believe there is a parameter somewhere that hide my app that was triggered automatically while Oculus folder is still inside Unity project directory.

Thanks!

Comments

• davidisakdavidisak Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi! Did you find any solution to this? I am having the same issue.
  • lukass.dzalbslukass.dzalbs Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi, after long digging in Oculus package code I found this - OVRGraddleGeneration.cs Line 245 - Comment this line: OVRManifestPreprocessor.PatchAndroidManifest(file, enableSecurity: patchedSecurityConfig);
    Should work. Just remember to uncomment it after apk build.