Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

unable to get grip button input on quest 1; getting path unsupported for spec-allowed binding

Phildo3Phildo3 Posts: 16
Brain Burst
When I try `xrGetCurrentInteractionProfile` for `/user/hand/left` on the quest (v1), I get `/interaction_profiles/oculus/touch_controller` (as expected).

However, when I try to suggest a binding for the path `/user/hand/left/input/squeeze/value` with `xrSuggestInteractionProfileBindings`, I get `XR_ERROR_PATH_UNSUPPORTED`.

The openXR spec shows that this binding _should_ be supported here: https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenXR/specs/1.0/html/xrspec.html#_oculus_touch_controller_profile , and further, specifies that it _MUST_ be supported through this line: "A runtime must accept every valid binding in the allowlist though it is free to ignore any of them."

But to be clear, I'm not concerned with "spec correctness" for its own sake- I simply can't access the grip input on quest 1 with openxr at all until this is fixed.

Is it true that there are just _no_ openXR applications available for quest 1 which use the grip button? or am I missing something elsewhere?

If this is a bug, who can I contact to get this (major) issue resolved ASAP?