cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE - Quest - Can't Launch on Quest [SOLVED]

beehive_dev
Honored Guest
Hi, 

So I followed all instructions (carefully couple of times already) as in official documentation how to setup for Oculus Quest for UE4. However Im unable to launch on Quest:

j09jijuqp9z8.png

When I go do device manager I can see the Quest is there:
83lxtj9704v0.png

How can I add Quest device to be able to Launch it? 
2 REPLIES 2

beehive_dev
Honored Guest
Ok, somehow I got it working. Here are some of the steps I performed:

1) Reinstalled again Oculus ADB Drivers, restart Windows (still couldn't see Quest in Launch).
2) Launch > ProjectLauncher > Quest device and pressed Launch. The build started... and errored out on Android NDK (I had it setup earlier with SetupAndroid.bat, so I assumed it knows what it's doing. I guess not).
3) Googled a bit and just changed the NDK path from:
C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk/ndk
to
C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk/ndk/21.1.6352462
4) In ProjectLauncher I pressed Launch (for Quest). Then it errored out on JDK, that my JAVA_HOME path is not setup correctly.
5) I've looked what my JAVA_HOME path is, and it was "C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre" so I replaced it with JDK path (in UE4).
6) At this point I've closed ProjectLauncher and noticed that I can Launch on Quest (without going to ProjectLauncher). So I'm not sure which step actually helped. But it's working now.

michaelcawood
Protege

I had a similar problem in that the Quest didn't appear in either the Launcher or the Device Manager. I found that the Developer mode was toggled off in the phone app, switched that and it showed up straight away.