Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus screen casting in custom web application

ssegetsseget Posts: 1
NerveGear

I'm trying to create a web application (for PC) that will display the screencasting from Oculus Quest. I don't want to create any native application for oculus to catch the stream, so I tried 2 approaches:

1. Create a webpage for Oculus with screencasting option and then using webrtc stream it to the browser on PC - but this doesn't work I cannot get the screen stream - Oculus browser (based on Android Browser) doesn't support Screen Capture API - 
  2. Use Oculus Casting (this which works with oculus.com/casting or mobile Oculus application). Still, I cannot find any API documentation for that. I've tried to check how the oculus page works - it uses the webrtc under the hood, but when I tried to use the webrtc offer taken from graph.oculus.com/graphql - I get the following error:
ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): InvalidAccessError: Failed to execute 'setRemoteDescription' on 'RTCPeerConnection': Failed to set remote offer sdp: Called with SDP without DTLS fingerprint.
Error: Failed to execute 'setRemoteDescription' on 'RTCPeerConnection': Failed to set remote offer sdp: Called with SDP without DTLS fingerprint.

that means that the sdp from Oculus API doesn't contain the fingerprint. I tried to find a way to disable this chrome security check using the --disable-webrtc-encryption, but it doesn't work..

Have you any other suggestions or hints?

Comments

• vastnessvastness Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    I'd be interested in how you go with this.
    I want to have an app on a tablet that allows me to change settings on an app on the headset but be able to see what is in the headset.
    Both Unity apps