cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin: Launcher with graphics settings

Teddy0k
Explorer
I've made a UnrealEngine plugin which adds a Launcher window to your game with some graphics settings, like this;

You can download the plugin here;
http://www.mediafire.com/download/skjz15jcb93ju0a/ScalabilityUIPlugin_v4_4_1.zip

And you can contribute to the source code here;
https://github.com/Teddy0/ScalabilityUIPlugin

It will pop up this window when you start the game (but not the editor) and allow users to lower graphical settings to help them hit 75 fps.

Pixels Per DisplayPixel: adjusts the resolution, and has a dramatic effect on performance.
Anti-Aliasing: Lowering this to Low/Medium will help performance at high resolutions
Post Processing: Lowering this to Low/Medium will disable tone mapping and bloom, both of which have a high impact on performance

The rest are pretty self explanatory.

You can change the banner image by replacing this file;
Plugins\ScalabilityUIPlugin\Resources\Banner.png
53 REPLIES 53

DaanPol
Honored Guest
Oh wow thanks a ton! This makes life a whole lot easier!

n00854180t
Explorer
Very nice! I was not looking forward to making my own graphics settings in game, so this is a nice alternative.

plagiarize
Explorer
Very nice. I will definitely check this out and probably use it for my project 🙂

When I compile my project, it doesn't work. It does work when I launch it as a standalone game from the editor. Is there anything extra I need to do to package it for end users?

getnamo
Honored Guest
Good stuff, this is probably way cleaner than the BP console commands I was using.

n00854180t
Explorer
"plagiarize" wrote:
Very nice. I will definitely check this out and probably use it for my project 🙂

When I compile my project, it doesn't work. It does work when I launch it as a standalone game from the editor. Is there anything extra I need to do to package it for end users?

If it's a "content only" project, there's a problem where using plugins doesn't work unless you add some dummy game code and compile the engine against it. There are some active discussions of it on the forums, I guess they're fixing it but for now you have to set it up as a code project and just add some dummy game class and compile, for it to be able to load plugins in the packaged project.

Kind of a pain.

mhvuze
Honored Guest
That's awesome, I hope developers adapt this. Much appreciated as owner of a mid-end rig 😄

Boff
Honored Guest
This looks great, thanks for creating it and sharing!

I'll definitely be using it when I start dabbling with UE4. Got a few Unity things to finish off first!

plagiarize
Explorer
"n00854180t" wrote:
"plagiarize" wrote:

If it's a "content only" project, there's a problem where using plugins doesn't work unless you add some dummy game code and compile the engine against it. There are some active discussions of it on the forums, I guess they're fixing it but for now you have to set it up as a code project and just add some dummy game class and compile, for it to be able to load plugins in the packaged project.

Kind of a pain.

Understood. I've done this by accident before, so I know how to do what your describing. I'll check it out!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else having trouble downloading? It says "temporary problem.Retrying" for more than an hour now.
EDIT: Download is working again this morning 🙂