cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sightline [DK2 support released]

Frooxius
Honored Guest
I'm excited to announce that the crowdfunding campaign for SightLine has launched!

Official website  |  Facebook Page

Help us make this reality! Share and comment! 🙂

As a special treat, he's the last part of SightLine Prelude, finishing the surreal sci-fi short about the events before the story of SightLine.

Also I have made new topic for the development of the full game after VR Jam, so you can get updates and continue discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6896

------------------------------

Get 1.2 Windows build (DK2 support)

Also SightLine is now on Oculus Share
https://share.oculus.com/app/1380132786019bpblgi7ldi

Update: Because I would like to make SightLine into a full blown game, I'm considering launching an IndieGogo campaign, but I could use some advice. Would you mind answering some of the questions in this post?

Hello,
I would like to share my Oculus VR jam entry with you - a game prototype named "SightLine", based on a principle that as soon as anything exits your field of view, it can change!

Official website (in construction)
Facebook page

Description

Our universe is volatile. Anything can be happening in places you're not observing. But laws of physics ensure, that whenever you look back, everything will be nice and consistent. In this game, laws of physics are broken.

The moment you look away... anything can change. The moment an object leaves your line of sight, it can vanish or change into something else.

Will you make sense of this unstable world and use the volatile nature of the environment to your advantage, to solve puzzles and get to the end?

Sightline is an environmental action/puzzle game prototype made specifically for
Oculus Rift VR jam developed with Unity and thus supports Windows, Mac and Linux

2nd milestone video
Note: It lacks some of the polish and changes in the final build, I didn't have time to make or even upload (I have 0.6 Mbps upload >.>) new trailer, but at least you'll have some surprises while playing 😉

Download
Windows (Final VR jam prototype build - 1.0) (~150 MB)

Soundtrack (On SoundCloud)

Works with keyboard/mouse and Xbox 360 controller.

Credits
Created by: Tomas "Frooxius" Mariancik (that's me :3 )
Music by: Ondrej "Sakabi" Pultar
Voice by: Julian Ceipek
Also I used a bunch of creative commons/free assets, they're listed in the README file included with the game.

I'll be happy if you share your thoughts, constructive criticism or just any comments! ^^ The last 3 weeks were quite tense, I worked as much as I could on this and I hope that I'll at least stand a small chance 😄 And hopefully that you'll find it fun 🙂
122 REPLIES 122

anntastic010
Honored Guest
"andyring" wrote:
Can't seem to get this working at all.

i5 CPU
AMD card
Win 7 x64.

Anybody else having problems?

I can't ge it to work on the DK2 either. on the desktop it works fine but on the DK2 its a black screen. My rig is the same as yours, AMD Radeon HD 7570, win 7 x64

Maybe it onl works on win 8? I know virtual desktop only does
Hello Developers! Looking for research participants for an online survey on video gaming and dreams! Check it out! http://bit.ly/1q0fnIA Thanks! ^.^

adilicious
Honored Guest
Hey Everybody I wanted to post a guide that worked for me for anybody that had issues with starting the game with an AMD card. I would start the game and would just get a black screen no matter what I tried. But finally I figured out a solution that works for me and will hopefully work for others.

I managed to fix this by running the game with the wonderful VR GAME MANAGER: http://www.vrapps.co/app-70-unofficial-vr-game-manager.html .

- You download and start the game manager.
- Add the game to the manager by clicking "Add..." and choosing the sightline.exe file.
- Choose "Force graphics D3D9 Unity"
- Choose "Force resolution 1920 x 1080"
- Choose "Disable Aero"
- Click "Launch Game" and the game should start in rift mode.

This worked for me and will also, hopefully, help you!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This was the greatest dk2 experience of 2014 imho