cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 5: Reflection Probes don't work in build

BLACKISH
Honored Guest
Have a look at this test-scene. Reflections work just fine in the editor and with a normal camera, but as soon as I make a build and run it in VR, reflections are gone. I reported a bug to unity, but then again this might be something that oculus has to fix in the unity integration.

Anyone else got this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?
19 REPLIES 19

BLACKISH
Honored Guest
Or this be a problem with RenderTextures in general?

BLACKISH
Honored Guest
It's not. RenderTextures are fine on their own. Is the oculus integration doing anything special with render-textures that makes it go wrong?

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
I've installed almost every Unity 5 beta as they came along, and the behavior of reflection probes has changed several times. They were finally working for awhile and then they went back to being black (like in your screenshots) with the latest version I installed (release candidate 3). I haven't had a chance to investigate it. I believe release candidate 4 was the official public release, and I haven't tried that yet.

BLACKISH
Honored Guest
I first noticed this in f2 (but could have been a problem earlier) and the screenshots are from the final Unity release (5.0.0f4)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm also seeing this... fine in editor, black in build

Podden
Honored Guest
Rendertexture in general works. No problems with our OSD Textures.

deflix
Honored Guest
same here - although mine is only black when the ovrplayer controller enters the reflection probe boundary.
I must say that its disappointing that Oculus haven't timed a Unity 5 integration in conjunction with the official release of Unity 5 - this is a major fail imo. C'mon guys you're letting things slip.......dont let HTC and valve blow the wind out of your sails!

BaseDeltaZero
Honored Guest
Try this guys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit2: I got real time Reflection Probes working in Rift. I switched the probe's refresh Mode to: "Every frame".
Is it working properly? not sure, but Its working, although every frame sounds expensive... The issue seems to be "on awake", or at least in my case. Very curious to see if this helps you

EDIT: I do get the Reflection Probe to work in Rift using Type "Baked" and bake my reflection probe in the lighting panel.
Just not dynamic yet. My object is dynamic so I assume the GI options dont apply (Static only).