Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Problem with image effects

NyroNyro Posts: 13
NerveGear
edited April 2015 in Unity Development
Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble putting image effects on the cameras. The camera goes black once i activate any image effect on it. I tried to put the image effect in one camera only and that camera went black and the other was just fine.

This is that my scene looks like:

And this is how it's working:

Does anyone knows what's happening? I'm using Unity 5.0.0f4 and Oculus DK2 with the 0.5.0.1 SDK.

Comments

• NyroNyro Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    NerveGear
    Just noticed that when i put the rendering mode on Forward everything works fine. Is that a bug?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sounds like a bug but I thought this was fixed.

Can you try using Unity version 5.0.0p2 (which I think was the one we were testing with)?

Also, redownload the Oculus integration file to make sure you didn't get the bad file (there was a botched upload).
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    No luck, still the problem persists. I'm attaching my DxDiag for analysis, I couldn't upload the project(8mb). Another thing that I noticed is that this problem is also happening on the MAC. I had another problem with the Eye Texture Format, when I put it to Default HDR my unity crashes, didn't test it on MAC.
  • SimbaroSimbaro Posts: 9
    Hi, I am having the same problem here.

Applying image effects to the OVR L/R Cameras only work with forward rendering. With deferred rendering, the cameras go black.

Hopefully there will be a fix.
    OK, I am able to reproduce this on my machine. I will create a bug report (if there is not one already).
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • SimbaroSimbaro Posts: 9
    Has there been an update on this? Surely this is a rather large problem, has anyone here discovered a workaround?
    Sorry, I thought I updated this thread.

The fix for this is to set "Eye Texture Anti Aliasing" to "1" on OVRCameraRig in the inspector.