cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WENDY—Play It Now [Bronze][Open Source]

Dima
Explorer
Find on the Gear VR store or

Play as Wendy—a young woman who always imagined herself as a witch. Cuddled up with your pet cat, you sit alone one Halloween night, drinking wine and eating candy—you find yourself falling asleep and into a dream.

You awake in a magical tower with the power of telekinesis—tinker and move objects by simply looking at them for a second or so. Tasked with brewing a potion, you must solve a series of puzzles, collecting ingredients and adding them to a cauldron.

The game is designed to be a comfortable experience: have fun at your own pace without a time constraint or sore neck.

VR Jam page

Wendy 0.0.6

Wendy 0.0.5

Wendy 0.0.4

Wendy 0.0.3

A mini-game with a basketball:

Prototype 0.0.1

VR Jam page

Development
A development process is transparent and open source. We will push all the latest code and content to an open repository on Github. Update a public Trello board. Show you interesting things through videos and images.

Github repository: https://github.com/kurilchenko/1look
Trello board: https://trello.com/b/2UC5cGId/1look-vr-jam
Youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hWX8p7x_kn

Team
Korigame and I. Kori makes the art, I write code, together we work on the game design.
Dmitry Kurilchenko [VR Jam 2015] Wendy
90 REPLIES 90

Elvina
Honored Guest
Yes, you are right Dima, game seems to me very comfortable to play.
Good usability and physics.
Just one thing.
On [0.0.1 prototype] having table always in front a little frustrating for me if to be honest.

Dima
Explorer
"Andreww90" wrote:
First pure fresh gameplay that i saw on Jam.

Stay tuned. Dima, nice work! :twisted:

Thanks, Andrew! Soon I will post new stuff and some news.

"Elvina" wrote:
Yes, you are right Dima, game seems to me very comfortable to play.
Good usability and physics.
Just one thing.
On [0.0.1 prototype] having table always in front a little frustrating for me if to be honest.

Thank you, Elvina! On a 2D screen the table probably looks distracting. But in VR it doesn't cause any problem, when you're looking in front of you it always stays in the peripheral vision. It plays a role of an inventory, so I think it's handy to have it around.

Joyhype
Honored Guest
Very cool concept!

I really like the playfulness vibe that this game has, and the simplicity of the idea.
SaaS and Fullstack developer. Hobby Game developer.

Dima
Explorer
"Joyhype" wrote:
Very cool concept!

I really like the playfulness vibe that this game has, and the simplicity of the idea.

Thank you! Indeed, we want to achieve maximum of playfulness and simplicity in the final version. Here is a few new in-game screenshots:

[0.0.2 prototype]

Joyhype
Honored Guest
"Dima" wrote:
"Joyhype" wrote:
Very cool concept!

Thank you! Indeed, we want to achieve maximum of playfulness and simplicity in the final version. Here is a few new in-game screenshots:

Oh this shaping out nicely. Cool!
SaaS and Fullstack developer. Hobby Game developer.

spinaljack
Protege
Can you use the touchpad instead of gazing at an object?
You'd probably get finer control in exchange for a tired arm. lol

Dima
Explorer
"spinaljack" wrote:
Can you use the touchpad instead of gazing at an object?
You'd probably get finer control in exchange for a tired arm. lol

Yeah, probably it will be possible to select an object by tapping a touchpad.

Dima
Explorer
Here's a new gameplay concept with a pretty art:

And a new name—Wendy instead of 1look.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I love the new demo, what a great little environment! The object movement animations are very smooth and satisfying 🙂 Can't wait to play around with it!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Very nice. Like the boiling bubbles.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV