Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[WIP] Technolust: Thought Crimes

Anticleric
Expert Protege

TECHNOLUST: THOUGHT CRIMES

Hi everyone!
I'm Blair Renaud (Anticleric), developer of many VR things. Together with Mark Schramm (skyworxx), developer of Darkfield and Nighttime Terror, we're creating this game for the Oculus Mobile Jam.

Check it out:

OVERVIEW
You (the player), take the role of a security professional charged with maintaining order in the dystopian cyberpunk universe of Technolust. Accompanied by your heavily modified artificial intelligence program <clever name here>, you’ll need to be part hacker, part detective and possibly part cyborg to make it through a work shift with any loot in your pocket to fuel your constant need for ramen noodles and VR apps.

GAMEPLAY
Surrounded by banks of monitors, trinkets and gizmos, the player must track down a suspected criminal before they commit a crime predicted by his/her A.I. At the moment the A.I. predicts a crime, the player is given the last 20 minutes of data collect by security equipment to scrub through for clues as to who, where and how the crime will be committed. Each clue will be plugged into a database to narrow down suspects and receive a judgement order.

When a shift ends, the player will be given feedback in the form of news reports and Corp-Sec memos.

The main resource will be time. Every investigation (or move) the player makes, puts criminals once step closer to committing said crime. Much in the vain of games like “Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago”, “Papers Please” and “Clue”, with the added elements of scrubbable timelines, CCTV footage, sensor data, and tough moral decisions.

27 REPLIES 27

Anticleric
Expert Protege
Some of the game ready photo-scanned NPCs we'll be using in the game courtesy of Quantum Capture.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Amazing!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

CubicleNinjas
Protege
At a loss for words. Couldn't be more excited for this one!

JonBrouchoud
Protege
Bad ass! Well done.

nobylspoon
Protege
Nice! I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
Meerkat Gaming Dev Klepto - Burglary Simulator Oculus WIP Thread || Steam Greenlight Page TightropeVR - 2015 VRJam Finalist Steam Greenlight || [DK2 DEMO] || [GearVR pending UE4 update]

Gerald
Expert Protege
very cool! I love the style of the screens, super curious how well those will melt with the npcs.

can't wait to try this out when the Jam is over 🙂
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

spinaljack
Protege
Really nice models. I wonder what the frame rate is like on a gear VR though.
It would be great on a DK2 on PC with loads of horsepower.

KominAaa
Honored Guest
Wow very promising, you will sure need a little retopology though 🙂
Hi! Check our VRJam2015 entry SteamCrew VR, Our VR Game Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR and our VRJam2013 entry EpicDragon VR! Follow us on Facebook!

Anticleric
Expert Protege
"spinaljack" wrote:
Really nice models. I wonder what the frame rate is like on a gear VR though.
It would be great on a DK2 on PC with loads of horsepower.

Thanks. Runs fine on Gear. 60fps

"kominaaa" wrote:
Wow very promising, you will sure need a little retopology though 🙂

They are retopologized. About 15k polys each. 😉