cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 20% Before Milestone 4?

mbzdmvp
Explorer
Hey All,

Sorry if I'm mistake but does the following excerpt from the VRJam page mean the top 20% will be chosen before or after Milestone 4?

The top 20% from each track (with a minimum of 30 games and 20 apps or experiences) will go on to the next round, where a panel of judges will play and rate them.
VR Jam 2015: Inside The Human Body Forum Post: viewtopic.php?f=77&t=23266
10 REPLIES 10

Seradin
Protege
Nope! They won't be doing any judging until after Milestone 4 is submitted, so you have until then to revise your screenshots/concept/video and actual game!
Artist at Dual Reality Games working oncolbypwahl.com

cybereality
Grand Champion
That is correct. Just make sure you don't miss the deadline.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

EugTank
Honored Guest
Very hot! Soooon deadline. Working 24/7 every day.

A lot of coffee for each of us, colleagues! Best Jam ever for me 🙂

spinaljack
Protege
So what is the top 20% based on? The video? It would be pretty difficult for us to make an attractive trailer.

nilstastic
Explorer
"spinaljack" wrote:
So what is the top 20% based on? The video? It would be pretty difficult for us to make an attractive trailer.

Just add "from the creators of Chicken Walk" and you'll be fine. 😃

spinaljack
Protege
"nilstastic" wrote:
"spinaljack" wrote:

Just add "from the creators of Chicken Walk" and you'll be fine. 😃

Good idea lol
Your hopping mechanic is something unique though, I hope you win a prize this time.

mbzdmvp
Explorer
So just to be clear, after Milestone 4, a group of Oculus employees will test every one of the remaining ~500 APKs and choose the top 20% to be sent to the judges?

Or are the top 20% chosen from images/videos/description.
VR Jam 2015: Inside The Human Body Forum Post: viewtopic.php?f=77&t=23266

Gerald
Expert Protege
I doubt they will play everything, but I am sure they will play every candidate before they let Palmer and Carmack waste their time on not working builds or games that crash 30 seconds in.

But they will certainly preselect based on video and screenshots - I have seen a command shell thing that makes no sense at all for example and does require a keyboard/leap/type interface.

So very unlikely they will play every single submission, but those that are sensible and possible candidates I expect them to play just to make sure they won't put non-working submissions into the finalist group.
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

rjmig88
Honored Guest
First, we'll review videos, images, and descriptions of all the entries to find the most fun and innovative ideas. The top 20% from each track (with a minimum of 30 games and 20 apps or experiences) will go on to the next round, where a panel of judges will play and rate them.

I read that only the top 20% of the games will get played. Everything else will be judged on screenshots, descriptions, and your video solely.