cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bronze] PhaseShift - Download Available!!

CodaFrost
Explorer

Updated playable game available!

!!DOWNLOAD GAME HERE!!

PhaseShift is a 2.5D Cinematic platformer action/adventure featuring unique stylized 3D retro pixel art.
In the spirit of titles such as "Another World", "Braid", "Oddworld", or "Limbo" - PhaseShift offers an exciting new take on a classic genre!

Our game tells the story of Dr. Hoffman, a brilliant chemist who, as a result of a breakthrough discovery - accidentally synthesizes a compound which activates latent receptors within the human brain. Eventually, this discovery allows him access to a mysterious alien realm, in which he finds that a superior race of beings has been observing and shaping the course of humanity since it's very beginning.
Join Dr. Hoffman as he unravels the true nature of reality, and help him reveal the secrets of this strange new hidden dimension.

PhaseShift is an atmospheric side-scroller featuring traditional cinematic platforming gameplay - but with an innovative VR twist: "Phase-Shifting"!
This ground-breaking platformer mechanic brings completely new gameplay possibilities to platforming, by letting players peer into simultaneously existing parallel dimensions using an innovative 'looking-glass' feature.

Screenshots:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Concept & 3D Pixel Art Style:

40 REPLIES 40

CodaFrost
Explorer
Milestone 3 Update:

PhaseShift Teaser Video:

Concept art for Egyptian scenery

Gerald
Expert Protege
this looks so gorgeous - hope it wins the competition if it is good! now it even adds Prince of Persia into the oldschool Sierra/Lucasarts style ... I want to play it!!!!
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

CodaFrost
Explorer
"Gerald" wrote:
this looks so gorgeous - hope it wins the competition if it is good! now it even adds Prince of Persia into the oldschool Sierra/Lucasarts style ... I want to play it!!!!

Thanks for the kind words from everybody! All the positive support has definitely been motivating us to work even harder to make this a great game for you all. It's been a TON of work building this from scratch all within 1 month, but we're having a blast developing this project!

We're working on finishing up the gameplay and video for M4 - but we also have many more features and ideas we would love to implement post game-jam as well. In short; our release next week will likely just be a small demo - or a glimpse of whats to come in the full-title. Looking forward to putting it out 'in the wild' and getting feedback from everyone soon!

CodaFrost
Explorer
Due to Oculus announcing their CV1 release date today - I can't help myself but upload a new screenshot to commemorate the occasion!

(click for larger image)

Gerald
Expert Protege
I love the light Coda! Awesome work 🙂
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

Seradin
Protege
Wow! Over 6,000 views! Thanks for all the support!! 😄

We are currently hard at work at finishing the last environment you'll get to explore and polishing up our lens mechanic which I might say is looking pretty shiny!!

Here's a sneak peak at the upcoming Egyptian Realm!

Enjoy!
Artist at Dual Reality Games working oncolbypwahl.com

KonstantinGorsh
Honored Guest
It`s a really big work! Good luck!

CodaFrost
Explorer
Hey Folks!
Due to technical issues, our entry on the submission page isn't working. The fixed version of the playable game is available here HERE!

Please let us know what you think!

Seradin
Protege
WOO!! Community voting has begun!!

Vote PhaseShift!! We love you 🙂

Also we will have a DK2 build coming soon!!
Artist at Dual Reality Games working oncolbypwahl.com

CodaFrost
Explorer
Screenshot of a mysterious alien realm:

click to enlarge

DK2 demo approaching! 🙂