cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Package Access Helper has stopped"

JaninaWoods
Honored Guest
Hi all,

My Note 4 upgraded itself to 5.0.1 (Lollipop)... The already installed test builds of my app still run fine (thank god), but I can't seem to install any more APKs now. It always says "Unfortunately, Package Access Helper has stopped."

Anyone else with this problem? Or maybe even a solution? 😞
Check out my 2013 VRJam finalist game: http://shinyvr.com/
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having the exact same problem here, phone updated itself and no longer able to build and run from Unity. Proper annoying!
I would also be very happy if there is a solution otherwise I will be wiping and installing an older version.

cheers
Matt

cybereality
Grand Champion
Seems like this is not VR related, as I have seen this reported with regular mobile users as well on other forums.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys

Well I got my builds to work by removing the SD card out the back. Not an ideal situation but I can test my builds again. As Cyber rightly said it looks like a Samsung issue, I hope they sort it out soon as this could cause some fun when people want to try out all the APK's :?

Hope that helps
Cheers
Matt

JaninaWoods
Honored Guest
"mattratcliffe" wrote:

Well I got my builds to work by removing the SD card out the back. Not an ideal situation but I can test my builds again. As Cyber rightly said it looks like a Samsung issue, I hope they sort it out soon as this could cause some fun when people want to try out all the APK's :?

You're a lifesaver Matt!
I can install while the SD card is not in the device, and then normally play it even if I put the card back in - just as long as it's not inserted during the install process. That's a fiddly solution, but at least it works now... I hope they either fix it until next week or the judges know about the problem, so they won't discard any APKs that don't install because of the Samsung bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries, glad it helped. Very bizarre bug and I hope it gets fixed soon.

rjmig88
Honored Guest
I had the same issue when I flashed my phone to Lollipop. I was able to fix it by going to Edit -> Project Preferences -> Player, click on the android tab, then setting Install Location to Automatic under Other Settings. Haven't gotten this error once since then.

While you're here you should also change your bundle identifier to something unique. If you keep it on the default Oculus one then other people won't be able to install your apk.

yosun
Honored Guest
I keep getting this error with larger builds...

I'm using Unity 4.6.3 + OVR 0.5.0

Does the solution above work for other versions?

[corrected -
ChallengePost: yosun SMS: 415-77-YOSUN Twitter: @yosun Some old public hacks.

JaninaWoods
Honored Guest
"yosun" wrote:
I keep getting this error with larger builds...

I'm using Unity 4.3.4 + OVR 0.5.0

Does the solution above work for other versions?

Update from my side:
I've been using the following config, which works on my phone, as well as the global signing
Unity 4.3.4 + OVR Mobile SDK 0.5.1 + Install location: Force Internal
Phone is on Lollipop, my APK is roughly 170mb (does that count as large? I guess it does)

I had to remove my SD card once, reboot the phone, insert the card again. Since then all the installs have run through without problem. Hope this helps.:)

yosun
Honored Guest
Did you upgrade to 0.5.1 from 0.5.0? (Also, assuming you meant Unity 4.6.4? Did you have this issue in 4.6.3?)

Here's the error from Unity:

Installation failed with the following output:
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Package.apk
Failure [0]
5378 KB/s (65697513 bytes in 11.928s)
ChallengePost: yosun SMS: 415-77-YOSUN Twitter: @yosun Some old public hacks.