Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

There was an error with signing your APK. Please try again..

branditosonbranditoson Posts: 60
edited May 2015 in VR Jam 2015
A few teams, especially ones with large builds (400MB+) and slow-ish internet connections, seem to encounter the following error sporadically:
There was an error with signing your APK. Please try again or contact [email protected] for help.

This seems to be related to a token timeout, so if you hit this, please try the following:
1) Refresh the page for the signing tool immediately before starting the upload to generate a fresh token
2) Upload again
3) Profit (hopefully)

Try this 2-3 times on as fast an internet connection as you can find, and start trying this asap (and not right before the deadline). It's better to submit an imperfect build than none at all.

Sorry for the frustration to those of you hitting this; we know you are working so hard and must be exhausted! You are almost there!

Comments

• BinoBino Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    if it helps... For those losing faith with this - my build was eventually uploaded and signed. Took about 4-5 attempt.

My build was 414mb. So definitely start submitting now.
  • SvenVikingSvenViking Posts: 298
    Art3mis
    edited May 2015
    My uploads just failed three times in a row with a 64Mb file. Always at around 85 percent. I reloaded the page before each attempt. My upload speed is around 800Kbit (Australia). My signature file is not included in the APK.

I don't have any previous build submitted, so hope this can be sorted out.
    Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux)
    Jungle Juice
    Sven Co-op
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    I very much hope those that can not upload will get an alternative/extension. My build is 138.49mb and I am on a super slow connection (can only dream of 800kbit upload).
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    one option would be to send a hash of the apk prior to the deadline via email. that way nobody would be able to abuse an extension! :)
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
    Art3mis
    Just failed the fourth time at precisely the same percentage (85.65%). I tried Internet Explorer this time -- previously I'd been using Chrome. It seems odd that both 64Mb files and 400+Mb files would fail at the same percentage again and again -- you'd think there'd be some variation. It doesn't look like a connection speed issue to me.

Edit: For the fifth try I tried a new build with my oculussig file included, and it uploaded without problems. Not sure it it's coincidence or what. I noticed that the progress bar momentarily jumped backwards from ~100% to 85.65% before completing.

Edit2: Tried again without the signature, and it failed again at 85.6%. Is an APK with an oculussig_ actually ineligible/unusable? I'd been hoping to spend today finishing off some important stuff.
    Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux)
    Jungle Juice
    Sven Co-op
    Art3mis
    Managed to get it uploaded on the eighth try. I'd intended this as an emergency backup build... I'm sort of afraid that any improvements I manage to make before the deadline may not be able to be globally signed in time.
    Jungle Juice
    Sven Co-op
  • nilstasticnilstastic Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    It's just random. I uploaded two almost identical builds (had to reset the start position) and the new build failed. Retried and then it worked.

People with huge apk sizes - i feel your pain.
  • branditosonbranditoson Posts: 60
    We're still looking into this and confirmed that if the upload step takes longer than 10 min (due to large build and/or slow internet) the token expires. We have on-call engineers trying to debug why our extensions didn't work, so hand tight if this is still failing for you.

By 10pm tonight, we'll post with an alternative build submission option if we haven't been able to fix this issue by that time.
    Art3mis
    By 10pm tonight, we'll post with an alternative build submission option if we haven't been able to fix this issue by that time.

Awesome thank you. I'd like to test a submission without an Osig file included. I'm still not clear if it's a deal breaker or not. My build that is up has it in there. By the time I get home from work I believe the dead will have passed.
    For those of you hitting this error, we just pushed out a fix. Please refresh the page and try it out - let us know how it goes!
    Art3mis
    I'm not sure how much longer until the deadline. I'll be home in about 5hours. Probably too late to try. Thanks for your efforts! :)
    11 hours till the deadline - give it a try when you can!
  • OverdriveOverdrive Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    I tried and no error now!!
    I am waiting for the email now to be sure but it is a good start. :-)
    NexeVRLogoTwitter1.jpg
  • OverdriveOverdrive Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    e-mail received. Your last fix is working. :D

Thank you!!
    NexeVRLogoTwitter1.jpg
    Awesome - hopefully others tonight will have an easier time getting their build submitted. Thank you all for the patience!
    Art3mis
    I'll give it a go when I get home. Sounds very promising.