cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come help VR Jam devs test their builds!

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
Hello everyone!

We've received a lot of questions about sharing your builds for you Mobile VR Jam submissions with others so they can give them a try. Please follow these steps to share your build:

1. Go to the Global Signing Tool and get a globally signed version of your APK: http://vrjam.challengepost.com/updates/3284-milestone-3-update
2. Post that link in your ChallengePost Submission form.
3. Come post a link to your public ChallengePost submission page here in this thread!

Please note: We recommend you don't click direct links to builds from here (this thread). It's safest to go to the submission page and download from there.

GLHF! 🙂
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!
285 REPLIES 285

Quixotic7
Protege
Hey schmidtec,

The latest build installs and runs fine for me! The GearVR touchpad controls are completely unusable. Luckily it works with a gamepad. I would turn the move speed up a bit, it also seemed to move at different speeds depending on which direction I was facing. Doing a Magic Eye in VR was quite the trip!

CorvusVR
Protege
"Quixotic7" wrote:
Could someone please test my build and confirm it launches?

http://vrjam.challengepost.com/submissions/36910-vr-vox

https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... v1.0.1.apk

Launches and played for a few minutes without any issues. Looks good!

Quixotic7
Protege
Hey CorvusVR,

Survival VR started up fine. Pressing the back button instantly closed the game, you should instead bring up the Confirm Quit window, see the SDK Global Menu example. The game is only playable via a controller.

Great, thanks for trying my app!

schmidtec
Honored Guest
"Quixotic7" wrote:
Hey schmidtec,

The latest build installs and runs fine for me! The GearVR touchpad controls are completely unusable. Luckily it works with a gamepad. I would turn the move speed up a bit, it also seemed to move at different speeds depending on which direction I was facing. Doing a Magic Eye in VR was quite the trip!

That is fantastic to hear! Thanks for the feedback(s). Any chance you can elaborate on the different speeds? What would make that happen? Maybe I'll add this as a feature :lol: Nevertheless, thx again.

ronwah
Honored Guest
"Jaycee900" wrote:
"ronwah" wrote:
Hi,
Would anyone be able to test our app for us to make sure it launches?

It's a Game: Virtual Parachute Accuracy Competition. And our APK is at the bottom of the Submission page...

Very much appreciated.

Much Thanks!
Cheers,
Ronnie

hi, installs ok, but after the unity logo it goes back to the Oculus store front.

Jaycee900, you're awesome! This was great help. We discovered we needed to upgrade from 0.4.3 to 0.5.0.1 (latest) SDK and our APK works fine now.

Everyone please try Virtual Parachute Accuracy Competition and let us know your feedback we'd love to hear it!!!

Here is our new APK:
https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... VR_0.7.apk

Ronnie

dpid
Honored Guest
"Quixotic7" wrote:
Hey dpid, Snowfight ran great on my GearVR!

Great news. Thank you for testing the app out, Quixotic7!
Snow Fight VR Jam 2015 submission

SvenViking
Protege
"Quixotic7" wrote:
"Svenviking" wrote:
If someone could test this it'd be great:

https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... -nosig.apk

The extra weapons and most of the sound effects are missing in this build, but it's otherwise a fairly complete, bite-sized turn-based strategy artillery game with a few surprises. Well-suited to those sensitive to sim sickness. I'm hoping to finish some changes before the deadline, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting builds successfully uploaded.

Hey Svenviking, I tested your build, it works great! I felt the intro parachute portion took a bit too long, but it was fun plotting my shots.

Thanks! Hoping to have a new build up soon.
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

PomeroyB
Honored Guest
We'd love it if someone could test out our game, WARP! No controller required -- touchpad only!

The APK can be found here.

😄

dnhkng
Honored Guest
Hi,

I'm still having trouble getting my Build working (although its fine on Mac/PC). The game starts OK, but when you look down to activate a glowing Rune, the game crashes. I am now trying to build on my Mac, maybe that will help too.

I have made a series of builds, stripping out assets that are instantiated when the rune is activated, so that I can find out which is causing the problems. 😄

Could someone please test them, and let me know if any of them work? When you look down, you should see a new puzzle made of a cloud of particles appear in front of you.

EDIT: links removed because they are still buggy.

Please let me know which work, and which don't so I can narrow down the issue!

Catrik
Honored Guest
Hey everyone It's Catrik
I will be testing all the builds that have been posted on these forums, at 7am its 2am now, ( I thought it would be good to get some rest first)

to save time i will post the title of the game then notes underneath to help each developer with their builds. hope this helps everyone. I will be starting with Befallen. If any developer wants me to test anything in particular just let me know. If you want to keep it private feel free to PM me.

My Note 4 is At&T lollipop 5.0.1 Snapdragon
using blutooth Power A Moga hero controller

Goodluck everyone!!