Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Come help VR Jam devs test their builds!

1468910

Comments

  • schmidtecschmidtec Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Hi everybody,

    Here is the link to the (almost) final version of my take on VR optical illusions: VIRTUAL SURREALITY

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... eality.apk

    If someone could please let me know how it's running that would be great. I don't have a GearVR setup so I'm very excited to see what you think.

    Using the gamepad, walk around the 'space'. Listen for each audio sweetspot to know where to stand to get the best 2D & 3D illusion. The 3D illusions work great when you strafe back and forth in front of them.

    Any feedback would be great and thanks for the help,
    schmidtec
  • Quixotic7Quixotic7 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    dpid wrote:
    Hi everyone. Below is a link to the latest apk for my game Snow Fight. I would greatly appreciate someone testing that it works and any feedback.

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... wfight.apk

    Thank you!

    Hey dpid, Snowfight ran great on my GearVR!
  • Quixotic7Quixotic7 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    schmidtec wrote:
    Hi everybody,

    Here is the link to the (almost) final version of my take on VR optical illusions: VIRTUAL SURREALITY

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... eality.apk

    If someone could please let me know how it's running that would be great. I don't have a GearVR setup so I'm very excited to see what you think.

    Using the gamepad, walk around the 'space'. Listen for each audio sweetspot to know where to stand to get the best 2D & 3D illusion. The 3D illusions work great when you strafe back and forth in front of them.

    Any feedback would be great and thanks for the help,
    schmidtec

    Hey schmidtec, I tried to install your game but could not get past install because it conflicted with an already installed application. If using Unity, make sure you change the Company and Game name for the Bundle Identifier.
  • schmidtecschmidtec Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Quixotic7 wrote:
    schmidtec wrote:
    Hi everybody,

    Here is the link to the (almost) final version of my take on VR optical illusions: VIRTUAL SURREALITY

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... eality.apk

    If someone could please let me know how it's running that would be great. I don't have a GearVR setup so I'm very excited to see what you think.

    Using the gamepad, walk around the 'space'. Listen for each audio sweetspot to know where to stand to get the best 2D & 3D illusion. The 3D illusions work great when you strafe back and forth in front of them.

    Any feedback would be great and thanks for the help,
    schmidtec

    Hey schmidtec, I tried to install your game but could not get past install because it conflicted with an already installed application. If using Unity, make sure you change the Company and Game name for the Bundle Identifier.

    I'm on it!
  • Quixotic7Quixotic7 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    tlkall wrote:
    I would really appreciate if someone could test this too see if it actually starts.
    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... R_1x03.apk

    Yeah I have some performance issues with up average of 250 draw calls with one camera.

    I don't have a Gear VR. My first build appeared to be no good this one appears to be more stable.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwyuRxhtt_Y




    If it actually starts up please check out my post to learn how to play it as you need to set up a second mobile device to play it properly.

    viewtopic.php?f=77&t=23131


    Hey tlkall, the app started, and worked, but then crashed when I clicked, also a few seconds of music was played at that time. Unfortunately I don't have a second android phone to do the full test.
  • CorvusVRCorvusVR Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
  • Quixotic7Quixotic7 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
  • schmidtecschmidtec Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Hey Quixotic7,

    Here's round 2 :) VIRTUAL SURREALITY

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... ality2.apk

    Thanks again!
  • tlkalltlkall Posts: 63
    Quixotic7 wrote:

    Hey tlkall, the app started, and worked, but then crashed when I clicked, also a few seconds of music was played at that time. Unfortunately I don't have a second android phone to do the full test.

    Thanks I'll update the notes.. if people skip a step the app will crash as i expected :)
  • Quixotic7Quixotic7 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Hey schmidtec,

    The latest build installs and runs fine for me! The GearVR touchpad controls are completely unusable. Luckily it works with a gamepad. I would turn the move speed up a bit, it also seemed to move at different speeds depending on which direction I was facing. Doing a Magic Eye in VR was quite the trip!
  • CorvusVRCorvusVR Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    Quixotic7 wrote:


    Launches and played for a few minutes without any issues. Looks good!
  • Quixotic7Quixotic7 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Hey CorvusVR,

    Survival VR started up fine. Pressing the back button instantly closed the game, you should instead bring up the Confirm Quit window, see the SDK Global Menu example. The game is only playable via a controller.

    Great, thanks for trying my app!
  • schmidtecschmidtec Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Quixotic7 wrote:
    Hey schmidtec,

    The latest build installs and runs fine for me! The GearVR touchpad controls are completely unusable. Luckily it works with a gamepad. I would turn the move speed up a bit, it also seemed to move at different speeds depending on which direction I was facing. Doing a Magic Eye in VR was quite the trip!

    That is fantastic to hear! Thanks for the feedback(s). Any chance you can elaborate on the different speeds? What would make that happen? Maybe I'll add this as a feature :lol: Nevertheless, thx again.
  • ronwahronwah Posts: 5
    edited May 2015
    Jaycee900 wrote:
    ronwah wrote:
    Hi,
    Would anyone be able to test our app for us to make sure it launches?

    It's a Game: Virtual Parachute Accuracy Competition. And our APK is at the bottom of the Submission page...

    Very much appreciated.

    Much Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Ronnie
    hi, installs ok, but after the unity logo it goes back to the Oculus store front.

    Jaycee900, you're awesome! This was great help. We discovered we needed to upgrade from 0.4.3 to 0.5.0.1 (latest) SDK and our APK works fine now.

    Everyone please try Virtual Parachute Accuracy Competition and let us know your feedback we'd love to hear it!!!

    Here is our new APK:
    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... VR_0.7.apk

    Ronnie
  • dpiddpid Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Quixotic7 wrote:
    Hey dpid, Snowfight ran great on my GearVR!

    Great news. Thank you for testing the app out, Quixotic7!
    Snow Fight VR Jam 2015 submission
  • SvenVikingSvenViking Posts: 298
    Art3mis
    Quixotic7 wrote:
    SvenViking wrote:
    If someone could test this it'd be great:

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... -nosig.apk

    The extra weapons and most of the sound effects are missing in this build, but it's otherwise a fairly complete, bite-sized turn-based strategy artillery game with a few surprises. Well-suited to those sensitive to sim sickness. I'm hoping to finish some changes before the deadline, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting builds successfully uploaded.

    Hey Svenviking, I tested your build, it works great! I felt the intro parachute portion took a bit too long, but it was fun plotting my shots.
    Thanks! Hoping to have a new build up soon.
    Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux)
    Jungle Juice
    Sven Co-op
  • PomeroyBPomeroyB Posts: 36
    edited May 2015
    We'd love it if someone could test out our game, WARP! No controller required -- touchpad only!

    The APK can be found here.

    :D
  • dnhkngdnhkng Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    edited May 2015
    Hi,

    I'm still having trouble getting my Build working (although its fine on Mac/PC). The game starts OK, but when you look down to activate a glowing Rune, the game crashes. I am now trying to build on my Mac, maybe that will help too.

    I have made a series of builds, stripping out assets that are instantiated when the rune is activated, so that I can find out which is causing the problems. :D

    Could someone please test them, and let me know if any of them work? When you look down, you should see a new puzzle made of a cloud of particles appear in front of you.

    EDIT: links removed because they are still buggy.

    Please let me know which work, and which don't so I can narrow down the issue!
  • CatrikCatrik Posts: 66
    Brain Burst
    edited May 2015
    Hey everyone It's Catrik
    I will be testing all the builds that have been posted on these forums, at 7am its 2am now, ( I thought it would be good to get some rest first)

    to save time i will post the title of the game then notes underneath to help each developer with their builds. hope this helps everyone. I will be starting with Befallen. If any developer wants me to test anything in particular just let me know. If you want to keep it private feel free to PM me.

    My Note 4 is At&T lollipop 5.0.1 Snapdragon
    using blutooth Power A Moga hero controller

    Goodluck everyone!!
  • PomeroyBPomeroyB Posts: 36
    dnhkng wrote:
    Could someone please test them, and let me know if any of them work? When you look down, you should see a new puzzle made of a cloud of particles appear in front of you.

    Unfortunately, they all crashed for me. :?
  • ZalandreasZalandreas Posts: 3
    Hello, please test my build!
    It's a small game - you can fly a quadcopter and do a time trial. You need a bluetooth controller.
    Please let me know if you find any bugs!

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... quacer.apk

    Thanks!
    Zalandreas
  • dpiddpid Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Zalandreas, I didn't have a controller to test with. However, your app installed and loaded up just fine. You may want to disable the touchpad camera control (which I assume is there for debugging purposes) since accidentally touching it can be very disorienting.
    Snow Fight VR Jam 2015 submission
  • BinoBino Posts: 112
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2015
    In about 15 minutes I'll be here for a couple of hours to help test. If I miss you PM me.
  • dpiddpid Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    PomeroyB wrote:
    We'd love it if someone could test out our game, WARP! No controller required -- touchpad only!

    The APK can be found here.

    :D

    Sorry to say I had a couple major issues.

    First, when trying to install I got a conflicting signature error. This usually occurs when the default player settings for company/product name are used. So just set those to something unique. After I deleted some previously installed apps, I no longer had the conflict and was fine.

    Second, the app kept crashing just after the Unity splash screen. I would hear music start to play and then the crash. Tried it several times. Maybe you're trying to do too much at once on initial awake or asset settings (particularly audio) aren't set in an optimal way?
    Snow Fight VR Jam 2015 submission
  • dpiddpid Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    If someone is willing to test my game, Snow Fight, I would be very grateful. Game controls require just the touch pad. I fixed a few small bugs since I last posted. Mostly looking to see that the app installs and that you can successfully get through the short tutorial at the beginning. Thank you.

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... wfight.apk

    Snow Fight VR Jam 2015 submission
  • PomeroyBPomeroyB Posts: 36
    dpid wrote:
    Sorry to say I had a couple major issues.
    ~~snip~~

    Thanks so much for testing it out! We had a custom company/product name, but our bundle identifier was the generic "com.company.project", so that might have been where the issue was.

    Not sure why you had a crash at the beginning, especially since the audio loaded for you (We usually experienced crashes before any audio loaded)... But I changed up a few things. If you (and anyone else!) could test out this new one, I'd appreciate it!

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... 7_WARP.apk
  • PomeroyBPomeroyB Posts: 36
    dpid wrote:
    Mostly looking to see that the app installs and that you can successfully get through the short tutorial at the beginning.

    App loaded up and worked perfectly for me. Nice game!
  • dpiddpid Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    PomeroyB wrote:
    Not sure why you had a crash at the beginning, especially since the audio loaded for you (We usually experienced crashes before any audio loaded)... But I changed up a few things. If you (and anyone else!) could test out this new one, I'd appreciate it!

    https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... 7_WARP.apk

    Tested the new build, but I still came across the same crash scenario. To be clearer, I hear the music play for only about 1 to 2 seconds and the Unity splash screen never clears.
    Snow Fight VR Jam 2015 submission
  • dpiddpid Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    PomeroyB wrote:
    App loaded up and worked perfectly for me. Nice game!

    Great. Thank you for taking the time to test it.
    Snow Fight VR Jam 2015 submission
  • BinoBino Posts: 112
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hey dpid

    Loads and runs well. I'm pretty but couldn't see the tutorial? I'll try again.

    PomeroyB: Downloading.
Sign In or Register to comment.