Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Man Overboard! - Become a human cannonball - Final APK

dignifiedweb
Protege
Man Overboard:

Apk download:
https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws.com/signed/4355f408bc9b/DwOPROUwRmGtliMKemIk_ManOverboard.apk

Cheers!

---------------------------

Become a human cannonball to collect treasure before your ammo runs out!

Hi guys, I just wanted to share my Milestone 3 progress and if anyone wanted to give my globally signed APK file a shot, feel free. My current build doesn't have much to do, but any feedback would be great. It's pretty fun to play still launching yourself into the air. What you see in my video is playable. Thank you and good luck on your milestone 4 everyone!

Milestone 3 APK
https://s3.amazonaws.com/vrjam-submissions/signed/4355f408bc9b/SOv83iQKQTa0zzNZZeHV_ManOverboard.apk

Milestone 4 APK (final) - newest APK download:
https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... rboard.apk

Controls:
- tap to shoot yourself out of the cannon
- hit back button to load yourself back in

Milestsone 4 plan:
- Tap to shoot AND load yourself back into cannon
- Back button to pause and go to main menu and perhaps go to Gear VR home screen if I can figure that out.
- Turn this into a challenging game - 1 level that takes about 5-10 minutes to complete
- Make it more interesting and less buggy to fall into the water w/ particle effects and a splash sound.
- A couple music tracks
- The idea of a boss fight is in my head, but not sure if we'll have time to make it happen for the Jam. Maybe after.

Want more info? Check out my VR Jam page
Check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Man Overboard! - Try the DK2 Version if you don't have a Gear VR
14 REPLIES 14

dignifiedweb
Protege
Updated with my Milestone 3 progress. Information above.
Check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Man Overboard! - Try the DK2 Version if you don't have a Gear VR

dignifiedweb
Protege
Hey,

I just wanted to share my current progress. I'm giving up my entire Saturday and most of Sunday to give it a final push. I finally have a win/lose system and it's automatic! So cool, now I just copy and paste treasure chests and make the world look a lot nicer and I will be good to go! I wish everyone best of luck in these final hours. I don't care the slightest bit if I lose, because this was damn fun to do! This is my first game I've tried to make and my second project ever to try doing in Unity. I've learned so much. Any comments are definitely appreciated too, final APK won't be till tomorrow.

I'm just wondering when I'll start drinking a couple beers, probably when I have some serious progress. Anyone else doing an all night Saturday thing?

Video:

nilstastic
Explorer
"dignifiedweb" wrote:

I'm just wondering when I'll start drinking a couple beers, probably when I have some serious progress. Anyone else doing an all night Saturday thing?

It's 01:57 in the morning here in Sweden. Looking forward to another hour of coding before going to bed. 😃

dignifiedweb
Protege
Hey,

Man Overboard final Milestone 4 video:

Apk download final:
https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws.com/signed/4355f408bc9b/DwOPROUwRmGtliMKemIk_ManOverboard.apk

Cheers!

nilstastic
Explorer
Nice, but it was kindof hard to know what to do. I shot myself out of the cannon a few times but that was it? Did not get motionsickness and the water was nice - but it would have been even nicer if i could have shot myself agains birds and other stuff. 😃

dignifiedweb
Protege
"nilstastic" wrote:
Nice, but it was kindof hard to know what to do. I shot myself out of the cannon a few times but that was it? Did not get motionsickness and the water was nice - but it would have been even nicer if i could have shot myself agains birds and other stuff. 😃

Thanks man! I wish I had time to put birds in. I had so many ideas I squashed because I spent so much time with the bloody water. I didn't realize how hard it would be even though I used an asset from the asset store, there were still lots of little things that caused it to be hard.

Did you fire into the treasure chests at all? I guess the point is to just get as many treasures as you can. Glad to know you didn't get motion sickness at all too 🙂

drash
Heroic Explorer
Wow, this came a long way from that first APK you sent out. Really cool. I had a great time with this and felt quite satisfied with myself once I got all the chests.

I ended up using the Back button to pause to see the whole scene to take stock of where the remaining chests are, and then go back to firing cannonballs. And to find all the chests, I shot myself straight up into the air to look to see where the missing chest was. I can actually see this turning into a game with a lot of content!

Nice job. 🙂
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

dignifiedweb
Protege
"drash" wrote:
Wow, this came a long way from that first APK you
sent out. Really cool. I had a great time with this and felt quite satisfied with myself once I got all the chests.

I ended up using the Back button to pause to see the whole scene to take stock of where the remaining chests are, and then go back to firing cannonballs. And to find all the chests, I shot myself straight up into the air to look to see where the missing chest was. I can actually see this turning into a game with a lot of content!

Nice job. 🙂

Thank you so much Drash! That means a lot! This was first attempt ever at making a game. I had such grand ambitions of cannon to cannon action, boss fights, all kinds of stuff. I work as a developer for a living so, didn't want this affecting my job.

I put everything in an excel spreadsheet and this was my minimum deliverable product. I still came out taking 30% more hours than I planned. A grand total of 108 hours including learning how to build for gear vr for the first time. So frustrating, 30% over budget lol.

spinaljack
Protege
Had a go of this, it's a fun game, the only issue I found was that sometimes the last shot markers disappeared and I had to judge the shot from scratch again.

Finally found all the treasure 🙂