cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Silver] Scorched Battalion - new APK + DK2 Win/Mac/Linux+S6

SvenViking
Protege
Update: v0.6 APK download (now works on S6). DK2 versions for Windows, Mac and Linux (Mac version untested).

---

Scorched Battalion is a comical turn-based strategy game in the tradition of classic artillery games, but with tiny tanks fighting on a wargaming table. It uses randomly-generated maps with deformable terrain, and features work by voice actors including Richard Newman (Street Fighter, Dragonball Z etc.) Plus some surprises.

Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op
30 REPLIES 30

SvenViking
Protege
DK2 version (Edit: Updated to SDK 0.6.0)

I'll see about getting a Mac version compiled.
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

SvenViking
Protege
SDK 0.6.0 DK2 builds for Windows, Mac and Linux are now available on http://scorchedbattalion.com . Mac and Linux versions are untested.

I hear official Linux and Mac support has been (temporarily?) dropped, but OS X bundles and a Linux .so are still included in the 0.6.0 Unity integration package, and someone earlier said they were able to play something compiled with 0.6.0 using the 0.5.0.1 runtime, so it seems to me that it's worth testing.

SvenViking
Protege
Apparently the earlier Linux build didn't have sound as the Oculus Audio Spatializer plugin doesn't support Linux, so I bypassed that and I'm told the new version works without problems. Download links on the website have been updated.

drash
Heroic Explorer
Wow I'm so blown away by this. This game has a LOT more going for it than I expected. Voted and looking forward to more! 🙂

I'm glad you made a DK2 version as the APK for this is one of many that didn't work on my device. I'm guessing the positional tracking is a nice bonus given all the little stuff to look at.... and that thing...sadlfkjsadlsadfasdff!!
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

SvenViking
Protege
Thanks Drash! Really happy to hear that!

Not so happy to hear the APK's not working though :p. It worked for some other people, so hopefully it'll work for the judges I guess. Would you be able to tell me the device model and Android version, and what problem occurs when you try to install or run it, for future reference?

drash
Heroic Explorer
"Svenviking" wrote:
Not so happy to hear the APK's not working though :p. It worked for some other people, so hopefully it'll work for the judges I guess. Would you be able to tell me the device model and Android version, and what problem occurs when you try to install or run it, for future reference?

I just installed it again to confirm, and it worked this time. I'm not sure what happened before, maybe it's right on the edge resource-usage-wise? I'm on Snapdragon Note 4 + Lollipop. Sorry for the false-ish alarm!

The pen and clipboard UI is awesome btw. Really works well both with and without positional tracking.

SvenViking
Protege
OK, excellent! Thanks again.

I'm wondering if there would be a good way to automatically reposition the clipboard without making it more annoying in some circumstances. For example, if when you look too far from it, it moves so it's just outside your view. In the worst case, I could just have pressing the back button while not looking at the clipboard bring the clipboard to where you're looking, perhaps.

drash
Heroic Explorer
"Svenviking" wrote:
OK, excellent! Thanks again.

I'm wondering if there would be a good way to automatically reposition the clipboard without making it more annoying in some circumstances. For example, if when you look too far from it, it moves so it's just outside your view. In the worst case, I could just have pressing the back button while not looking at the clipboard bring the clipboard to where you're looking, perhaps.

Maybe. I think if you plan to put this on the Oculus Store at some point, keep in mind that there are guidelines for how the Back button is to be used, though. I believe the guideline goes something like this: "The back button should be used to return to the "previous" level of UI "hierarchy", and then at the top level, it should be prompting the user to quit (or just going to the built-in prompt to return to Oculus Home). So basically, the player shouldn't have to think about how to quit -- if they keep pressing the back button they should eventually see the prompt to return to Oculus Home.

Maybe long-touch on the touchpad instead?

SvenViking
Protege
Ah, yeah, thanks! I was thinking about the long-press-back-for-home-menu requirement but had forgotten about the back-to-exit requirement.

SvenViking
Protege
Scorched Battalion was just featured in RoadToVR's "Best of the Oculus Mobile VR Jam".