cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does everyone plan on releasing a finished version?

Thisisdanzo
Honored Guest
I loved that this process forced me to get a working demo, and I just want to make sure we get full, multi-hour play session versions of as many of these as possible! Personally, I had no idea the hardware was becoming so fragmented; what headsets are good bets? Is think Cardboard is on the list, but as my game is very 360, the DK2 might not work out. What about Vive? Would players expect virtual hands?
Galaxy Grapple - GearVR, no gamepad
9 REPLIES 9

spinaljack
Protege
We will eventually, need to get out all our other games first. lol

Will probably focus on Rift and Vive. GearVR is nice but it lacks some key features for extended play (not least the battery life and positional tracking) We'll probably keep smaller games on the GearVR such as ones you can show off quickly or have a short session with.

nilstastic
Explorer
I like the "hey, you got to try this!" appeal that the Gear VR has and I do think that Kangaroo Dash works best in that aspect as well. Right now I'm (anxiously) waiting for the result of the first round of judging, but even if the game does not cut it I'll go for a release this fall. I really like my game, and with some adjustments i think it could be a enjoyable experience for everyone. 😃

SvenViking
Protege
I hope to. Just keep in mind that, if you win a prize, you're required to release any future versions "OR ANY DERIVATIVE WORK ARISING THEREFROM" on the Oculus Store in addition to any other platforms.
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

creat326
Protege
Of course! That's the whole idea. I don't like to release half made products.
Dogfight Elite now available for Oculus https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3881629141886138/

HelloMeow
Explorer
Most definitely. It's a game I've wanted to make for a while now and it's nowhere near what I want it to be.
VRJam: Hexagon

tlkall
Honored Guest
Definitely.. But the VR version may lack some features, these may be delayed a while since these features need to tested by willing volunteers before they will be rolled out, as i have no testing hardware myself, when it comes to Gear VR you can only test so far with android emulators. But as far as levels/maps go that part won't have any platform specific testing requirements.

nobylspoon
Protege
We will release a finished GearVR version of TightropeVR after a couple of critical fixes are implemented by Epic. Hopefully, these will all be included in UE 4.8.
Meerkat Gaming Dev Klepto - Burglary Simulator Oculus WIP Thread || Steam Greenlight Page TightropeVR - 2015 VRJam Finalist Steam Greenlight || [DK2 DEMO] || [GearVR pending UE4 update]

Nilspferd
Honored Guest
Pretty sure that we will release The Captain took your Ducky

TegTap
Honored Guest
Definitely going to add some content to Fathoms Below and release it.