cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come help VR Jam devs test their builds!

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
Hello everyone!

We've received a lot of questions about sharing your builds for you Mobile VR Jam submissions with others so they can give them a try. Please follow these steps to share your build:

1. Go to the Global Signing Tool and get a globally signed version of your APK: http://vrjam.challengepost.com/updates/3284-milestone-3-update
2. Post that link in your ChallengePost Submission form.
3. Come post a link to your public ChallengePost submission page here in this thread!

Please note: We recommend you don't click direct links to builds from here (this thread). It's safest to go to the submission page and download from there.

GLHF! 🙂
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!
285 REPLIES 285

creat326
Protege
I'm afraid we can't give out apk to test to anyone anymore right?
My apk seems to run only on my device
Dogfight Elite now available for Oculus https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3881629141886138/

SvenViking
Protege
Yeah, to get builds to run on anyone's device you needed to upload them to the Global Signing Tool, which was taken offline after the contest deadline.

---

If anyone with a Galaxy S6 could let me know whether my original build works for them, I'd appreciate it. One person reported that audio played but the screen remained black on their GearVR with the S6.

http://vrjam.challengepost.com/submissi ... -battalion
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

Catrik
Honored Guest
Scorched Batallion

I just tested it on my S6 edge Gear VR
lollipop 5.0.2
At&T model...

The only thing i can see is the split in half unity splash logo. I can hear all audio but no picture its all black screen. Any further builds i will be glad to test.

On my note 4 everything works fine audio and visual its also lollipop 5.0.1 but with snapdragon chip At&T model

SvenViking
Protege
Thanks! I've created a thread in the Mobile Development forum to try to find out whether it's likely to be related to a known issue. It would certainly be useful if you could test new builds, since for all I know it could be something that's been fixed in a Unity update for example. I'll PM you about it.
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

andrewmatthews0
Honored Guest
I know this may not be right place to post this, but the forums website won't let me start a new topic.

Aaaand, this may seem like a dumb question, but I weirdly can't find the answer anywhere:

How do I try Jam entries on my Gear VR??? What am I doing wrong? I download the APK, install it, I get to the Unity splash screen and it crashes. 9 out of 10 apps I try do this. Am I supposed to have something else installed on my device? If so, I can't find that info anywhere. I'd like to try a lot of these but nothing is working!

Sorry again for posting here, but if I try to start a new topic, the site bumps me to my Account page every time.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@andrewmatthews01: Try removing the SD card from your phone.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV