cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading video WITH 360 AUDIO to Samsung Gear VR

ashcowan
Honored Guest
Hi there,

I have been uploading 360 videos to the 360 Videos folder on the Samsung Gear VR micro SD card for some time now. All these videos have been with stereo sound. I am now ready to upload videos with 360 binaural sound, which will respond the motion of the head and stay in sync with the changing video. How can I do this? I see that the Strangers Patrick Watson video has separate sound files. Is this the way to go?

Thanks

Ashley
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're actually unfamiliar with that format since it was developed externally. You might try the Gear VR forums in case someone knows there?

SamsungDTL
Explorer
MilkVR supports 5.1 spatial audio that can just be baked into the mp4 file. An example video with that spatial audio is here that can be played in MilkVR: https://milkvr.com/cdn/assets/CarBee51.mp4. More details on our spatial audio spec can be found here: https://milkvr.com/#/content/spec. We are usually able to convert the typical binaural separate wave + mp3 files into this 5.1 format. This also has the advantage that it is easier to stream.

xfghsfgh
Honored Guest
I have done this and it works!

Created the 5.1 mix in logic, bake to mp4 and put on the card.

Only annoying thing is MilkVR isn't available in the UK so I have to use Hola and then turn off Wifi.

calgapa
Honored Guest
Hi xfghsfgh. Do you have the exact settings for the spatial sound encoding ? I have created several AAC sound files, baked them into an mp4 but none are played by MILK Vr. I have Logic Pro as well as Premiere.

Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"BrianHook" wrote:
We're actually unfamiliar with that format since it was developed externally. You might try the Gear VR forums in case someone knows there?

Brian,

See your conference on youtube, i wish i was there but....

My question is, How can i proceed without any Videogames software (unity, wwise ect) to provide sound file for oculus.
I hope i can work with Third order ambisonic and then decode the sound scene in any axis i need. The best way would be to have a sound engine (API or i don't know what) that read ambisonic files and decode them in binaural considering the head movement tracking.
I had to admit that i can't found information to make a file for Oculus.Can you give me a cooking lesson to implement an external mix (i mean created on a standard DAW)in an Oculus File.

Thank you very much for considering my question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do -- can you tell me what specific application you're trying to develop?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"BrianHook" wrote:
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do -- can you tell me what specific application you're trying to develop?

Hi Brian,

I get some answer since the last time. The thing is that every VR player don't tell much about audio specs.
How many stream, which codec, sample rate etc... a lot of questions that remain unsolved.

It seems that the best way is to deliver 4 binaural Files for each the quadrant (0°,90°,180°,270°). MilkVR choose this way, but i can't find a desktop player that is doing the same.

Samsung VR is our final player, but i need to check my final mixing before sending them to my clients. Is their any bridge between OculusDK2 and samsung VR, A player that is doing the same thing (Mixing the 4 binaural files considering the head tracking position).

Thanks

Sassota
Explorer
I think you did, but I will ask anyway,

Did you simulate this inside DAW doing simply volume automations? The result was good?

Good luck on your quest

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do!

It was convincing. But i need something that do it following the headtracker.