cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash Between Levels - VR Enabled - DK2

jmorris142
Explorer
Hey, I am getting a random crash between levels, I only started getting this after upgrading to 6.0.1 runtime. It seems like that anyway. It happens when loading a new level and it is randomly any level.

I just don't know where to start looking, if anyone has a minute to look at this crash error and point me in a direction, I would be very grateful. Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
I believe this was an issue with the legacy integration.

Are you able to upgrade to Unity 5.1.x and the new first-part virtual reality support?

jmorris142
Explorer
Hi Cyber, yes I am totally up to date with everything.

Unity 5.1.2
Unity Virtual Reality Support and standard cameras (no OVR packages imported or used)
Runtime 6.0.1

Thanks for the quick reply

jmorris142
Explorer
I had one thought on this, I had recently been adding image effects,
Bloom, contrast stretch and global fog.
They are different between levels, and about the time I upgraded to the 6.0.1 runtime, I also added these image effects.
I am wondering if anything in that error report points to something related to image effects.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey, can you also upload the output_log.txt? Thanks.

jmorris142
Explorer
Ok File here.
Thanks

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, I was talking about the Unity output_log that is in the Data folder of your game.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

jmorris142
Explorer
Hi, I managed to fix this issue, it happened if I used the same FPS controller prefab across more than one level, but if that prefab had different image effects from one level compared to the one it was loading the game would crash.

SO for example if I used bloom and contrast stretch in one level and the next camera contained bloom, contrast stretch and colour correction lookup I seemed to get a crash. I don't know if this was the issue for sure, but standardizing my image effects for all levels meant the crash went away.

Having said that I'm seeing other weirdness and have had a post on the unity forum for over 3 weeks now. I figured this was a unity issue because it seems related to prefabs, but I am posting this here now in the "Hope" that soneone might know what is going on and point me in the right direction because at the moment I am totally stuck and have tried everything.

I even made a video of the issue happening in the editor to try explain this.

Thanks for any help on this if anyone knows, I want to submit this update to my game because I added controller support and a whole bunch of things, but this one issue is not going away.

I can repro this 100%. It involves saving and opening levels. So since it's a long explanation I made a video of this. Hope it helps as it relates to VR and head position tracking. Seems that when I save and open levels things break and that would also explain why they don't work correctly when building multiple levels?.

Here is the game actually working as intended with head tracking used for aiming.

And a video for the update I to the first part of the game.

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, thanks. Let me see if I can repro this here.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you click "Help > Report a Bug" and then give me the case number?