Creating a custom Theater for Oculus Cinema — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Creating a custom Theater for Oculus Cinema

threadpatrickthreadpatrick Posts: 3
edited August 2015 in Oculus Go Development
I've created a custom theater, exported an FBX, and used the FBX converter to convert it to a .ovrscene file.

Now, I'm not sure where to put this file to be able to use the theater in the Oculus Cinema.

I tried putting it in /sdcard/oculus/Theaters/ like the documentation said, but I don't see it come up in the theaters.

Has anybody else been able to create a custom theater?

Comments

• You need to build a new Cinema app and include the new .ovrscene. Look at the CinemaSDK example app. Replace the included home theater .ovrscene with yours, rebuild the project, and run it.
  • Try adding the ovrscene file here - sdCard/Oculus/Cinema/Theaters
  • CorvusVRCorvusVR Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    jkimovr wrote:
    Try adding the ovrscene file here - sdCard/Oculus/Cinema/Theaters

Can we create a custom theater by putting the ovrscene in sdCard/Oculus/Cinema/Theaters or is it necessary to rebuild the CindemaSDK example?
  • CorvusVRCorvusVR Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    CorvusVR wrote:
    Can we create a custom theater by putting the ovrscene in sdCard/Oculus/Cinema/Theaters or is it necessary to rebuild the CindemaSDK example?

nm, works if put on internal sdcard.
  • regnighcregnighc Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 2017
    Custom scenes no longer show up in cinema, anyone know whats changed? they still show up in Stream Theater so I'm pretty sure something changed in Oculus Cinema that's not detecting the files.