cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE4.11 and SDK/RT 1.0.. Need official answer asap please

saviornt
Protege
So the runtime and SDK is being released March 28th? If UE4.11 is out before then, will it still have the 1.0 SDK implementation?

If it does, then exactly how are we supposed to test it without the runtime to make sure the scenes work properly?

Even if I can't afford the HMD myself.. I still want to release this title I've been trying to work on by the release date.
3 REPLIES 3

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
We will communicate more when the plan here is final. I can't make promises here, but I would expect 4.11 to ship with 0.8 support and for that to continue working in some form for at least a month after the first long-term supported 1.X Rift SDK becomes available. You will probably have to rebuild to add 1.X SDK support at that point, but I would expect the changes to be non-invasive.

saviornt
Protege
Ok, (hopefully this doesn't fall under trade/corporate/product secrets), but CV1 does at least work with 0.8, and 1.0 will be backwards compatible with 0.8?

It may end up being 2-3 months before the project can be re-built using the 1.0 SDK (depending on Epic's release schedule for that)

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
We will share more detail as soon as we can. There is a good chance you will have to patch your 0.8-based engine with code from our 1.X-based Github repo as soon as the public SDK comes out. I would recommend planning for a quick turn-around when that happens.