cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Compatibility w/ Oculus Rift DK2 - PLEASE READ

cybereality
Grand Champion
Our software team is working as quickly as possible to complete Windows 10 compatibility with our SDK and the Oculus Runtime. As Windows 10 is not officially supported at this time, we strongly suggest that Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 owners do not upgrade from previous versions of Windows until we have the officially updated SDK and Oculus Runtime available.

Outdated: See post below.
73 REPLIES 73

cybereality
Grand Champion
Oculus Runtime and SDK 0.7 introduces preliminary support for Windows 10.

Please read this article for details before you upgrade:

https://support.oculus.com/hc/en-us/art ... D-UPDATED-

phiggis
Honored Guest
Hello.

For some reason my alienware laptop has jumped down to 15 frames per second.. and something simular happened on windows 8.. when the 64bit was running..

The 32 bit server worked nicely at 60 FPS.. whats the difference between 32 and 64 bit server that I can change on windows 10?

I even turned on vsync to force 60fps.. no luck.. it still updated slowly..

thanks

phil

BarrieSharp
Honored Guest
I have been running the oculus successfully on Windows 10 for a few months. This week it started crashing the moment I try to use it. I have been testing with the demo scene and get the blue screen of death with "APC_INDEX_MISMATCH" listed as the error. I can only imagine that a Windows update has killed it since nothing else has changed. Anyone else getting this?

Also, do I need to upgrade the firmware, if so, how?

H1DEM8R6N1E23S0
Honored Guest
Unfortunately I do not speak English. I am a Hungarian boy . Google Translator so I try to write , if you develop understandable .

I put the pc drive from the SDK 0.7.0.0 . The demo works but if I step from the Help menu in case you can not find the OVRDISPLAY64.dll and OCUSBVID.sys files. The demo works .

BarrieSharp
Honored Guest
Yes, Help> About shows:

Display Driver Version: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OVRDisplay64.dll not found
Positional Tracker Driver Version: 1.0.14.0

Just trying to find the dll to copy in.

cybereality
Grand Champion
That DLL (OVRDisplay64.dll) is NOT compatible with Windows 10 and could mess up your system if you try to install it. It's the old Direct Mode driver and is not used anymore.

BarrieSharp
Honored Guest
Thanks for the heads up. So not the cause then?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you get me these log files? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23521

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
Will the Oculus Rift be fully supported on Windows 7 (as listed in the official recommended PC Specifications)?

I'm building a new system but would prefer to stick with Windows 7, but I'm just worried that there might be some features in Win10 that improve Oculus Rift performance?

Thanks!