Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume and Menu functionality for Store Submit

nickpittom
Protege
Building in Unity for GearVR.

I'm submitting to the store, yet QA have come back with some feedback:

-Your volume buttons must adjust the volume using the VR volume UI provided by the Oculus Mobile SDK. Currently, your volume display does not function as expected.

-A “back” action is interpreted by the application dependent on its current state, but generally it will retreat one level in an interface hierarchy. The short-press currently does not bring the user to a pause menu on tap.

-A back button long-press (greater than 0.75 seconds) must bring the user to the Universal Menu. *We were not able to reproduce a successful return to universal screen experience.

I'm a little confused on the default scripts/setup required to get these default behaviors.

I have the 'OVRmanager.cs' script but this does not appear to help.

For volume there is a 'OVRVolumeControl.cs' script, but it requires a 'renderer' - or at least that's the error that appears. What renderer and where should it go?

For the 'back' functionality I suspect I need to add the 'OVRPlatformMenu.cs' script - do I just drop it wherever? Is anything else required?

I've checked the documentation, but it does not answer these specific Unity related questions. The code samples do not appear to help either and none of them that I have seen have the 'OVRVolumeControl.cs' script.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

nickpittom
Protege
Ok, I solved these and I've resubmitted. For anyone else who stumbles across similar issues:

There is a volume prefab in the Moonlight folders. You can attach this to the camera.

Back functionality etc should be solved by ensuring OVRManager and Platform scripts are included.

Hopefully that's everything 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
@nickpittom 

Hey Nick, 

What do you mean by "You can attach this to the camera" When referring to the Volume Prefab? 

I have attached the OVR Volume Control Script to an Empty GameObject, and dragged the Volume Material Prefab into the material slot on the mesh renderer (see image) 

The volume control is working but I do not see the Volume UI. Can you explain how to attach this to the camera as you mentioned above?i8xhg1e5wrkh.png

JavedMahmood
Protege

Ok, I solved these and I've resubmitted. For anyone else who stumbles across similar issues:

There is a volume prefab in the Moonlight folders. You can attach this to the camera.

Back functionality etc should be solved by ensuring OVRManager and Platform scripts are included.

Hopefully that's everything 🙂

Would you please provide us a detail about this Volume control problem. Thanks!

Fulby
Heroic Explorer
If you are using Unity and use the latest Oculus SDKs then you don't need to add a volume control prefab, it's handled automatically by the SDK/runtime.

JavedMahmood
Protege

Fulby said:

If you are using Unity and use the latest Oculus SDKs then you don't need to add a volume control prefab, it's handled automatically by the SDK/runtime.

Sorry, I am quite new in Oculus. I have Unity 5.3.5f1 version. I have also downloaded "ovr_sdk_mobile_1.0.3", But yet I can't figure out How to install this SDK. Would you please help me on this.

Fulby
Heroic Explorer
I don't know if you need that one for Unity, I think that SDK is for native Android development. If that's correct then you only need https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/game-engines/1.5.0/Oculus_Utilities_for_Unity_5/