cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] DK2 in UE4 standalone player not working

Conz
Explorer
Hi,

my DK2 is working with all demos (incl. the oculus configuration demo).
I can run the VR-Preview in UE4 (UE 4.10.4 and 4.11 preview 7), but in a standalone player the VR feature is missing.

All VR commands in the console are not recognised.
If I check "ovrversion" in the console of the standalone, then I get the following message:
"Command not recognised: ovrversion"
(The same for "HMD Enable" or "stereo on")

I have asked the same question in the Unreal forum, but got no reply, yet.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthr ... alone-game

Do you have any idea, what I have do to fix this?

Windows 7 64bit
980ti
Oculus 0.8 Runtime
UE 4.10.4 and 4.11 preview 7
6 REPLIES 6

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
Did you build with Oculus Rift support enabled? There is a plugin you need to include. See https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Oculus_Rift.

Conz
Explorer
Yes, the plugins are activated (Screenshot).

I can add VR Blueprints, IMHO that should proof, that the plugins are available, but only in the Editor.

I have tested some of the sample scenes (like CouchKnights), same effect. VR is working in VR-Preview, but not in the standalone Game.

artyom17
Expert Protege
I believe this is designed behavior (by Epic): you use VR Preview for VR (and you can switch between stereo/mono using console commands) and Standalone for regular runs. However, it would be interesting to hear from Epic what do they think about this. I can see why you would want to start your game in mono and switch to VR later.

Conz
Explorer
As I wrote, the console commands are not available, that is the strange thing. Looks like the VR-Lib ist not included in the created standalone game.

"conz" wrote:

All VR commands in the console are not recognised.
If I check "ovrversion" in the console of the standalone, then I get the following message:
"Command not recognised: ovrversion"
(The same for "HMD Enable" or "stereo on")

artyom17
Expert Protege
Just let clarify that you are talking about the "Standalone game" preview mode in the Editor. If you run it as a real standalone game (not from the Editor) - it works fine. The reason why - Epic runs the "Standalone game" preview with the option -nohmd, and this is why you don't have an ability to use any VR-related console commands. This is done intentionally, I believe.

Conz
Explorer
Ah, that would explain it. Thank you.
Have to try it, and I'll give response later.

EDIT: It's working with a compiled standalone Game! Thank you for your help.