cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best/newest working runtime for DK1?

blueshakespeare
Honored Guest

Hi,

I purchased my DK1 back in 2013 and had no problems setting it up on my home desktop as the instructions were simple and to the point. Fast forward 2 years with all these updates and newer computer specs, im having trouble properly setting up on my Toshiba laptop.

The problems is as follows:

I downloaded runtime .0.8.0.0 betta and it does not seem to detect my dk1 in configuration.

So....i downloaded the old school 0.2.4 and it seems to work just fine except my steam/steamVR can't detect the DK1 do to updates i believe.

Does anyone know what the best runtime is for the DK1 and how to get it to work properly with steam?

I have two sons/ one of which is of age and would love him to share this experience with me.

My computer specs:

Toshiba Satellite C55-B

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-45005U CPU @ 1.7GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality-ahu
Superstar

The 0.8 Runtime should work with DK1. Make sure you also update your graphics driver to the latest.

However, your problem is likely that you are on a laptop. Laptops are not supported. Sorry.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cybereality-ahu
Superstar

The 0.8 Runtime should work with DK1. Make sure you also update your graphics driver to the latest.

However, your problem is likely that you are on a laptop. Laptops are not supported. Sorry.

riftymcriftface
Honored Guest
im on laptop and mine worked

riftymcriftface
Honored Guest
BUT NOW IT DOESENT IT JUST SAYS NI SIGNAL SOMEONE HELP!!!!!