cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sword Art Online

marvigo
Honored Guest
Hi everyone, I am wondering if the idea of developing the anime based game Sword Art Online but differently (sense South Korea has a game based on the anime already in beta testing) by using gloves as motion tracking, and stepping up the technology to the level the anime had (nano brain waves controlling the character). What if we could develop the game where we could spend hours on one game focusing on having fun and our motions are controlled on our will. The anime Sword Art Online is an anime based on technology helmet that received information from the brain and transmitted into the game itself. Motion of your character controlled by you not your keyboard but your mind! I want to start from the basic, the technology we have in our reach, and then step up the level inch by inch ensuring safety and enjoyment as our top priority.

Thanks for reading this.
165 REPLIES 165

DieKatzchen
Honored Guest
fMRI is too laggy to be used for game input. A more likely candidate is MEG, or Magnetoencephalography, which uses extremely sensitive magnetometers to record brainwaves. In theory it works similarly to EEG, only without the need for direct contact with bare, slightly moist skin. In practice the sensors need to be kept in a giant cryogenic bath shaped like a helmet in a magnetically shielded room to block out sensor noise. However, scientists recently developed an atomic magnetometer that works at room temperature, so you can lay it right against the body. Still needs to be in a shielded room, but we're getting there.

There is also experimentation using ultrasonics to stimulate areas of the brain. They can get better resolution than using magnetic stimulation, and the effect is more temporary, which is good for Brain-Machine Interfaces.

kenta
Honored Guest
Good day.

I am darly Ocalia. I run a small export company but have contections to the larger company's in my country.
I read about your idea of bringing soa in to the real life. I think it's a great idea. So I want to offer my help
I can help you get the investers needed to make it work. If you are interested then please contact me on my mail.

daydreamer.service@hotmail.com

or feel free to call me on my personal phone number.

hope to hear from you soon

Best regards

Darly Ocalia

Jevonsao
Honored Guest
I would like to invest some of my money or sponsor the developer of nerve gear or occulus VR or something like that,,, to help the company because i'd really love if nerve gear like SAO can be created in the real life and i want to be the beta tester
And also im searching for school or university or master course for programmer in japan
Do you guys have some advice or friends that can teach me? I will pay for it
I want to study about program so i can help to create nerve gear 😄

DrSnake
Protege
"Jevonsao" wrote:
I would like to invest some of my money or sponsor the developer of nerve gear or occulus VR or something like that,,, to help the company because i'd really love if nerve gear like SAO can be created in the real life and i want to be the beta tester
And also im searching for school or university or master course for programmer in japan
Do you guys have some advice or friends that can teach me? I will pay for it
I want to study about program so i can help to create nerve gear 😄

You should pick up some books / video tutorials. That was for me more effective then being schooled. However this might not be the case for you and then i dont have any recommendations.
Developer of One Secret Fantasy One of the best virtual reality dating games www.onesecretfantasy.com

Jevonsao
Honored Guest
Which book? Theres plenty book and i confuse hahahaha
And i want to school at japan not only coz i want study about programming
I want to searching about nerve gear or occulus rift xD
And i want to join them for researching or event invest some of my money
Thats why im trying to find some school or teacher at least have prof titel for teach me xD
Id u guys have any conection to people that developing nerve gear or occulus rift please introduce me
I would like to invest some money for that project 🙂 thx

l1nc
Honored Guest
I am just learning how to program myself. I found that coursera has awesome classes for free. https://www.coursera.org/courses?orderby=upcoming&search=program
Rifter no. 51.086

Jevonsao
Honored Guest
ok i already check courses
but i cant find lesson to learn how to make a program and not only a normal program like design
but i want to learn how to make program like games and also coding it to
because i have dream that i want to help out to make nerve gear not only sponsoring with money but i want to helping build it to hahahahaha
every night cant sleep because thinking about "when nerve gear become real in this real life" 😄
thats why im looking in internet and asking every forum that containt about nerve gear/occulus rift topics
if u guys have some more advice i will verry thank to u all 🙂

willards
Explorer
Actualy we have tecnology to read nerve,our nerve is send electricity to order muscle movement when you move your arm brain send electricity to muscle,so our muscle could moving. We just dont realized it. And that means the com system can read our muscle movement, you can check : http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/17/us-science-prosthetics-mindcontrol-idUSBRE8BG01H20121217 what program need is create our virtual body and move them based by our own nerve. Ex if there is your virtual body in monitor and you use the nerve reader. You move your hand,your virtual body's hand is moving too!! How cool is that!! . The real problem is actualy how to stop real body for moving we just cant shut real nerve instantly cause it can kill you. I think if you can absorb nerve electricity from your brain to muscle in backbone you can create perfect condition like nerv gear and to shut it off you just need to stop the nerve electric absorber.if you have sugestion please let me know.

Jevonsao
Honored Guest
Hmmm i see
I will try to gather as much as info about that
Keep researching bro
Goodjob 😄
Inwill help u to get info about shut the real body moving
Because its not cool when we play in virtual game with virtual body and our body moving to hahahahaha

Zikeji
Honored Guest
I actually think we could get close even now to a similar experience. With the omni + rift + leap motion combination. If we could get a rack to make the leap motion stay in front of you on the treadmill. Two would be better, so you could better map out the fingers/hand/arm. You could use that data to manipulate the model's arms. You'd also have to somehow make a mechanism so that picking up an object(and using) wouldn't be buggy. With a relatively spot on map of your arms you could easily make stuff for them. You could also use that data to make a 3D GUI like in SAO (I'm planning on creating something similar to a 3d GUI if it isn't already out by the time I get either the rift or leap motion). All you're really missing from the experience is, critical stuff yes but stuff we won't have for a while.
Order Number: 057*** Status: UNOFFICIALLY SHIPPED(I haven't received the email but track by reference finds it, 6.10lbls). USA