cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic Pro X doesn't support VST plugins - Any way to get the spatializer plugin working in Logic?

rmc868
Honored Guest
Hey guys,

Anyone able to figure out how to use the spatializer VST plugin in Logic Pro X?  Logic hasn't supported VST's for quite a few years and their main plugin type is the Audio Unit (AU).  I've tried using "wrapping" programs to wrap the VST into an AU but have had no luck getting the wrapped plugin to work in logic.  Anyone have any solutions? If not, any chance of seeing an AU version of the spatializer anytime soon from Oculus?  Logic is my main squeeze and I'd rather not have to go to another DAW to use the spatializer.

Thanks all!
5 REPLIES 5

petergiokaris
Protege
Hi there,

Thank you for the interest in our spatializer. We have the AU plug-in on our roadmap, but are currently unable to give an estimate as to when that will be included in audio SDK plug-in pack.

However, we are dedicated to making this happen 🙂 We will make sure to update here when we have a better idea as to when we can provide the plug-in.

Best,
Peter
Peter Giokaris Senior Software Engineer

rmc868
Honored Guest
Awesome. Thanks Peter!

-Rich

powerguna15
Honored Guest
any update please

walter_c_hopkin
Honored Guest
Would love to see this - and willing to pay that $$$$!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thank you for the interest in our spatializer. We have the AU plug-in on our roadmap, but are currently unable to give an estimate as to when that will be included in audio SDK plug-in pack.

However, we are dedicated to making this happen 🙂 We will make sure to update here when we have a better idea as to when we can provide the plug-in.

Best,
Peter

Hi, Peter - checking to see if there's any progress on this, or if there's any beta that's out there. I'm an established composer working in the film and game industry and am working with a client who's using this for all their audio. I program in LogicX and would LOVE to use this plugin so that I don't have to go back and forth between PT and Logic... Any help you can offer would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!