cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiling without a headset present

ndreamsfabs
Honored Guest
Hi, we have some nice min-spec machines to do profiling on, but we've not been able to have our overnight tests running because we only have two headsets in the studio. We really wanted to enable to Debug HMD mode that used to work back in 0.8.0.0, but when we enable it now, nothing happens, and now we can't even find it in 1.3 API.

Help!

We can't get hold of enough physical headsets to do accurate testing, obviously, and now can't test against a virtual headset that goes through the same composition stages as the real thing. We have a large game with large levels and need to performance profile these levels on multiple machines.
3 REPLIES 3

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
in the SDK, there's a "tools" folder with an utility that permit you to set the perfomance HUD and the debug HMD. I my experience It tends to crash a lot but it register the mode anyway

galopin
Heroic Explorer

Ybalrid said:

in the SDK, there's a "tools" folder with an utility that permit you to set the perfomance HUD and the debug HMD. I my experience It tends to crash a lot but it register the mode anyway

It can't register cv1 for debug mode, it crash and best it can set is dk2…

ndreamsfabs
Honored Guest

galopin said:

Ybalrid said:

It can't register cv1 for debug mode, it crash and best it can set is dk2…

Indeed, this is what we're seeing, and it means there is nothing for profiling against 90fps.