cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validator errors for samsung gear VR unity 3D

Fmegrahi
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,
i'm trying to run my apk package on the submission validator, i've got one error and one warning.
let's begin with the error,
9j766qeorb4h.png
here, i want to know what SDK it wants me to update, i used occulus utilities for unity 5, i don't really remember the version but it was in january. and if it wants me to update the utilities how can i update it in my project. :neutral:  :neutral: 

and the warning is :
edpga6d7h0q2.png
but in my androidmanifest.xml
i wrote   <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030000" android:required="true" />
and in my build settings i use in Texture Compression ETC2 (GLES 3.0)

thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

rosebud_the_sle
Expert Protege
Hi there,

The GLES warning is probably a bug in the validation tool that you can ignore.

The sdk warning, however, is not. Building with the latest SDK requires using a recent version of Unity itself, not just the Oculus Utilities package. The SDK actually comes with Unity. I recommend 5.3.4.

Fmegrahi
Honored Guest
thank you,
i fixed the SDK problem ! i updated unity and the utilities. 
for the GLES warning i'm gonna ignore it. 
have a nice day ! 

jboss
Protege
I am getting the same SDK version error (must be later than version 1.0.0) with Unity 5.3.5 and version 1.5.0 of the Oculus Utilities.

As a check, I ran the Oculus360PhotoSDK.apk that is included in the Mobile SDK 1.0.3 against the validator tool and got the same error (plus 3 more: apk is launchable, intent filter must be info and excude from recent must be non-0).

So is my app wrong or is the validator tool wrong? Or can I simply submit the app and ignore the validator tool error.

Thanks.

Fulby
Heroic Explorer
Are you using the exact version of Unity recommended in https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/25882/recommended-unity-versions-for-development/p1

When you submit the app it does some of the same validation automatically so I'd just submit and see what the website reports.

delphinius81
Rising Star
The updated Oculus sdk is in one of the Unity patch releases (I think p4 or p5 added it). So you need to be running the latest patch version (5.3.5p6), not just the latest base version (5.3.5f1), in order to get the most recent SDK version into your builds.

jboss
Protege
Even with 5.3.5p6 I still get the validator error that it's not built with version 1.0.0 or newer.

I also get a message that it can not find 'C:\OpenSSL\openssl.cnf'. In the standard installation that I downloaded it is in 'C:\OpenSSL\bin\openssl.cnf'. So maybe the tool needs to be updated to use that location? Moving it to C:\OpenSSL\openssl.cnf did not remove the SDK error.
<edited to change my somewhat frustrated comment into something more constructive....>