cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Oculus Home Username on non-Android platforms

MolluskJesse
Explorer
In the Oculus Utilities for Unity 5.x, version 1.3.0, there is a data structure called OVRprofile. It can be fetched from the OVRManager, and it is meant to provide access to the name and data of the account of the user that is currently logged into the Oculus Home.

This class, however, seems to only have functionality for fetching the user's name on the Android platform. There doesn't seem to be a way to access the username of the currently logged in Oculus Home user when on the PC platforms. Am I simply looking in the wrong place, or is this a feature that has yet to be implemented? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
Correct, it's only implemented on Gear VR today. User data is exposed via our platform SDK, which you can download at https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/pc/1.3.0/Oculus_SDK_for_Windows/ .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
Correct, it's only implemented on Gear VR today. User data is exposed via our platform SDK, which you can download at https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/pc/1.3.0/Oculus_SDK_for_Windows/ .

MolluskJesse
Explorer
Thank you, vrdaveb.  We thought we would find the platform SDK integration for Unity listed under the Engine Integration section of the download pag,. We didn't notice any indication that the Platform SDK for Windows download would also contain the Unity platform plugin. But now that I've downloaded that package, it was very easy for me to find the Platform SDK plugin for Unity. 

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
Glad you are unblocked now. We are working on splitting the Platform SDK out of the PC SDK package to prevent confusion in the future.

matheus_andrade
Honored Guest
I'm sorry to invade your thread, but I have a question about accessing that data using an Android device. I am developing an app using Unity and the profile fails to load. Checking the log from adb I found out that my app isn't in users library. How can access that data as a developer, running my app out of the Oculus home?

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
The old profile downloading mechanism may not be working anymore. It isn't connected to the height and IPD info the user enters during Rift setup. For general user data management, have a look at our newer Platform SDK. You may have to prompt for biometric data yourself for now.