cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can position tracking be turned off with SDK 1.3?

glenf
Explorer
Hello, with previous versions (e.g. 0.8) of the SDK, I could turn off positional tracking in an application by calling ovr_ConfigureTracking(), being sure to omit the ovrTrackingCap_Position flag.  It seems that the latest SDK doesn't expose a way to disable positional tracking...is that correct?  Any workarounds?  (Yes, I'm aware that VR is infinitely better with positional tracking, but this was being used to recreate a "legacy" VR application that lacked positional tracking.)

Thanks,
Glen.

11 REPLIES 11

galopin
Heroic Explorer
the set caps function is not part of the ovr api anymore, so it will change nothing 🙂

delphinius81
Rising Star
If I look at the functions in the OVRPlugin.dll used by Unity in Dependency Walker, I can see the SetCaps function. I realize that in this situation, however, the C++ sdk is being used and the provided static library does not expose such a function. However, Unity gains access to these functions by loading the dll. So I'm thinking it might still be accessible if you import and directly call the run-time dll from your C++ code instead. For example, there is an ovr_[Get/Set]EnabledCaps function in the run-time DLL (LibOVRRT[32/64]_1.dll files. These functions are not listed in the SDK documentation and Dependency Walker doesn't provide any information on what the function definition looks like, but with some further digging maybe you can figure it out.