cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.3.0 / Unity issue with Gear VR: Motion blur & juddering

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, 

When moving my head around, there is a judder issue (like a double texture rendering halo for a few ms), it's very visible with a B&W texture with only lines. 

- I tried other games on the oculus store with this gear VR and it's working well
- When my app is starting, there is like 1/2 second without this problem, then a 'visual glitch', like if the system is re-adjusting the rendering, then this problem
- I displayed the FPS on my app and it's between 50fps  to 60fps 
- I have this issue even when I close one of my eye in the gear VR (it's not a stereoscopic vision issue)

I cannot record it but this screenshot on geekzone (it's a different issue) is very similar to my rendering in VR (only when moving my head): http://www.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/blogfdbb14e244726b80556df55a0b54b5e8.jpg

Any idea how to solve this issue ?

I'm using a Samsung Gear VR / Galaxy S7 edge, Oculus 1.3.0 and Unity 5.3.4p2 (I tried with p1 same issue)

Gui.

11 REPLIES 11

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
@SamJan, judder is typically due to poor performance or exceptions. Can you provide the full logcat from your app, from the time it starts to the time you see the judder? It may help to attach the profiler and look at where the time is going.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vrdaveb, thank you very much for your response. I guess it actually is a performance problem as I'm running my DK2 / Unity on a Lenovo-Notebook - which did work totally fine (0.8) until 1.3. Maybe my GPU cannot handle the ATW-Feature... P.S: I do know that this thread is about the GEAR VR, but as the described problems did  match like 100% with mine, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Again - thank you both, @riviereg + @vrdaveb, very much for your support!

Best regards