cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering when using CV1 the first time after the PC was on for some hours

Flausch
Explorer
I have a strange problem, when using my CV1 after the PC was already running for some time:
Inside Oculus Home and every other programm I get a very jumpy image and the sound is crackling and stuttering.

The device dialog inside Oculus Home shows a warning, that there is too much latency detected.

The only solution is to either reboot or disconnect and reconnect USB.

My specs:
Intel i7 6700k
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
Asus Maximus Hero VIII
16 GB RAM
Windows 10

The problem existed also with my previous GTX 970.

When I start playing right after booting, the problem does not appear, even when using my rift for hours in Elite Dangerous or switching between different games.

I suspect the Maximus Hero's USB or some Asus programm that came with it to cause the problem. But that's just a guess.

Anyone with similar experiences?

17 REPLIES 17

tommet
Expert Protege
Well, one of those two seemed to help.  I'm betting it was the new USB drivers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your issue still isn't resolved, check that you're not using wifi on the 2.4Ghz band.  The radio signals can interfere with the tracker, causing stutters and re-positioning.

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
I have almost the same exact issues.  And we have a very similar setup as well. 

6700K, 16Gb Ram
with the same Motherboard and a GTX 970 in Windows 10.

When I first boot up the PC and put on the Rift everything is golden and runs super smooth.  If I leave the PC running and try a few different things... come back in a few hours.. the sound and video stutter.  It seems to get worse over time because I've had it so bad a few times it was unplayable.  As soon as I reboot it's fine.

elrealchiqui
Heroic Explorer
I see the answer in the thread title : "PC was on for some hours"
Your computer is not a machine, it needs to rest before efforts ! Wait... what ?

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
Ok, so I updated the ASUS USB drivers (which actually mention Oculus) and it was good for a while, then happened again.  I then updated to the latest version of the ASUS BIOS... it was ok for a bit then happened again.  I then uninstalled the AISUITE and all of it's components... and so far it's good.  I've had my PC on all day and every time I've picked up my Rift it's been it's been fine!  So it looks like I may have finally fixed the problem?!  I'll have to wait and see how it is in the long run.

Thanks Bavinck1331!!

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
Ok, so I updated the ASUS USB drivers (which actually mention Oculus) and it was good for a while, then happened again.  I then updated to the latest version of the ASUS BIOS... it was ok for a bit then happened again.  I then uninstalled the AISUITE and all of it's components... and so far it's good.  I've had my PC on all day and every time I've picked up my Rift it's been fine.  A may have finally fixed it.  Thanks Bavinck1331!

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
Ok, so I updated the ASUS USB drivers (which actually mention Oculus) and it was good for a while, then happened again.  I then updated to the latest version of the ASUS BIOS... it was ok for a bit then happened again.  I then uninstalled the AISUITE and all of it's components... and so far it's good.  I've had my PC on all day and every time I've picked up my Rift it's been fine.  A may have finally fixed it.  Thanks Bavinck1331!

dreadnbutter
Protege
asus maximus hero viii with ai suite running had same issues.  I was pointed to your thread and uninstalled ai suite.. so far.. no more issues!!  
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?