Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

How to show a spinner(a.k.a circular progressbar, loading icon)

There is no example of any spinners (a.k.a circular progressbar, loading icon).

Can UIImage load animated GIF?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • nomadesnomades Posts: 8
    Sorry I use the native.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You can make one yourself, it's not that hard.

Just use your 3D modelling program to make a rectangular plane with around 16-32 horizontal divisions. UV map it with a planar map with all the geometry to fill in the 0 - 1 full UV square. Then use a lattice to curve the rectangular so it becomes a circle (with the flat side facing the camera).

Then, in an image editor, make a square texture split down the middle with half one color and half another color (or transparent). Then you can import into your game and use UV texture animation to make it look like a spinning circle progress bar.

Hope that helps.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • dolesdoles Posts: 54 Oculus Staff
    For native apps, look at the layer flag VRAPI_FRAME_LAYER_FLAG_SPIN coupled with ovrFrameLayer::SpinSpeed. This is how we do all of our loading spinners. Nice thing about that is it runs entirely inside timewarp so if your app misses frames due to loading the spinner should continue to smoothly update, you also don't need to update the texture for that layer, so it can be a state resource you load and feed in as a layer.