How can I be one of the thousands? — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

How can I be one of the thousands?

Today in a Twitter post Mr Iribe stated that "Thousands of Touch dev kits are going to developers now." yet I have not seen a formal way to request a Touch dev kit or even a process to be considered for it. Not having access to these kits can be a real detriment to a company and a simple fair process of requesting them would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    We're looking into having a good way of allowing developers to request hardware. This may not be ready immediately, but it's something we are working on.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • J_HexkraftJ_Hexkraft Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I totally agree. We'd love to get a touch dev kit for Hexkraft Haus, but it's hard to apply for one without exactly knowing where to apply;)
  • GlightgamesGlightgames Posts: 69 Oculus Partner
    I'd suggest you use social media to get the attention of Oculus, I think you really have to show that you're making good progress before requesting the hardware. That's what we did, ours turned up this week.
  • CorvusVRCorvusVR Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    You are guaranteed to get Touch controllers if you make something cool for VR.