cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Tests Review: What does this feedback message mean?

ProfessorTroy
Adventurer
Hello!

The message I got back from my latest submission says:
"Your application exits immediately on quit command or device removal.
"

Are they saying it shouldn't exit immediately, or are they saying it didn't?
@cybereality  - shed a little light on this one because I suspect they mean it didn't exit properly when it should have.
17 REPLIES 17

Swamp7hing
Protege
I also received this testing notification and would like some additional clarification. Looping in @lisabrewster and @cybereality!

dlightvr
Honored Guest
I also had this message, do you have any idea how should I fix?

Fulby
Heroic Explorer
I think some of these rejection reasons have canned text which is added due to the tester ticking a box, so the reason doesn't always exactly match the cause of the problem. One rejection message I received was

"During testing we experienced progression blockers, crash events that
led to data loss such as saved games status and downloaded assets.
The Quickstart Menu covers the main menu making it impossible to access
options, etc."

The second sentence is the useful one and refers to a menu in my game. I don't believe there was data loss and crashes, it was just that this was the most appropriate canned response available (being a progression blocker).

Not sure if this will help but when pressing the back button at the 'top level' of the app/menu, there's supposed to be a confirmation dialog when exiting the app. Maybe your apps are exiting immediately without the confirmation?

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/mobilesdk/latest/concepts/mobile-umenu-intro/

ProfessorTroy
Adventurer
Interesting suggestion that the exit commands within the game also need a confirmation.
I know my back button functionality works and shows it, but I also have an in-game option to exit as well that doesn't show confirmation if you select it.

Swamp7hing
Protege
@fulby I get the confirmation exit to Oculus Home dialog with the Back button short press and the long-press takes me to the Oculus Menu in which you can also quit back to Home. It is my impression that these functions are controlled by the OVR SDK and therefore are out of my control and would not affect the test. Not sure what to do here.

Fulby
Heroic Explorer
@Swamp7hing do you have an in-game button for exiting the app? If so, does it show a confirmation dialog (either your own or Oculus' one)?

Swamp7hing
Protege
Nope, I simply have the Oculus back button running my game quit command as per the OVR SDK. I had an exit button in the menu of my game but removed it - at the time, the exit button in the menu did not show the confirmation. Could this have been the problem being flagged by the test?

Fulby
Heroic Explorer
Maybe, I'm just guessing. I'd resubmit the game as it is now and see if it passes that test.

motorsep
Rising Star
Hmm.. I think when you remove phone from Gear VR app should be closed. That's what happens to all apps afaik. Doesn't make sense to keep it running in the background and taking up resources.

Back button short press should bring either custom confirmation or stock Oculus confirmation. Long press should go into universal menu.