cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Tests Review: What does this feedback message mean?

ProfessorTroy
Adventurer
Hello!

The message I got back from my latest submission says:
"Your application exits immediately on quit command or device removal.
"

Are they saying it shouldn't exit immediately, or are they saying it didn't?
@cybereality  - shed a little light on this one because I suspect they mean it didn't exit properly when it should have.
17 REPLIES 17

Swamp7hing
Protege
@Fulby sweet, just need to wait for that "Under Review" flag to swap over so I can submit a new binary. Cheers! Fingers crossed.

@motorsep Yep, that's the behavior here. The app closes entirely when the phone is removed, pauses when the HMD is removed, and performs the Back button long/short press functions as you've described. Hopefully once I'm able to submit a new binary the test flags the Functional portion as passed.

ProfessorTroy
Adventurer
Make sure you're also handling the volume buttons properly as well @Swamp7hing
A bunch of us missed that one after getting these other ones sorted out.

Swamp7hing
Protege
Yup, the Volume UI is operating as expected and triggering with the Gear Volume Rocker - thank you for the reminder! Out of curiosity, how long have you been waiting (or did you wait) for the app status to change from Under Review?

ProfessorTroy
Adventurer
I entered two support tickets, waited a week and a half, then went through a back channel and it got updated so I could submit a new build. However, before I do so, I'm making sure I catch everything this time and my app behaves like other apps.

Swamp7hing
Protege
Thanks @ProfessorTroy! The status swapped back today and I submitted a new build for review. Without the older devices to test the stable framerate I'm shooting in the dark, but I went fully Mobile with my shaders, minimized my materials, and did a few graphical optimizations so I'm hoping it will run on them.

If anyone has an S6/Note 5 and would be willing to pop it in for a stability check let me know ASAP!

FiresVR
Honored Guest
 Hello @Swamp7hing  and @ProfessorTroy , have you resolve this question? Our app has same problem with "Your application exits immediately on quit command or device removal. " 

ProfessorTroy
Adventurer
Not yet. I however, haven't re-submitted yet either.  I have a few more things I want to button up before wasting their review teams time.

I have done the following two things however with the expectation that I should have things fixed up.

1. Any exit button from the game prompts the standard back button menu about leaving to the main home.
2. I have added listeners to things like HMD removal and such so the game exits properly. Look at the events the OVRManager provides and make sure your application pauses and quits appropriately.

FiresVR
Honored Guest

Not yet. I however, haven't re-submitted yet either.  I have a few more things I want to button up before wasting their review teams time.

I have done the following two things however with the expectation that I should have things fixed up.

1. Any exit button from the game prompts the standard back button menu about leaving to the main home.
2. I have added listeners to things like HMD removal and such so the game exits properly. Look at the events the OVRManager provides and make sure your application pauses and quits appropriately.

Thank you, it seems we are going to do same things and submit a new version later!