cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Activity from GearVR

jcstarship
Honored Guest
I'd like to bring launch an activity (e.g. web browser) and display a "take off your headset message to view the browser" message.

It works (a little jinky) on Note 4 using Unity's Application.OpenURL...

... but not on S6.

Any chance of a fix?
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'll ask about this.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

jpasek
Explorer
Terribly sorry to necro such an old post, but as a new user I am unable to create a new thread and this is of the closest relevance.

We are attempting to launch a web page from inside of a Unity 5.3 GearVR application, and hopefully targeting the 'Samsung Internet for Gear VR' app.

I know of 2 real ways to potentially achieve this, the first being through the Unity API Application.OpenURL with a defined protocol (i.e. @"googlechrome://...") and the second (and more likely) using Android intents.

From what I can see from the app's manifest, there is no exposed parameterized intent that would allow for an interop call to launch that app with a URL, and I have found no information on whether or not a protocol exists.

Does anyone have any information on this subject?

Many thanks in advance, and sorry again about the necro.

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bumped for curiosity's sake.

geoabensur
Explorer
Does anyone have any new information on how to launch url from inside VR app to any VR browser (i.e samsung internet VR)?

jaggs83
Explorer
any updates on this ?

wagner_patriota
Honored Guest
I also need updates on this... anything? 😕