cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting release channel invitation on a test account

delphinius81
Rising Star
It looks like some kind of release channel change is preventing test accounts from being directly added to channels now. Instead of automatically subscribing test account users (like it used to), there is an invitation that needs to be accepted somehow? This is kind of impossible to accept since the test user email address is a fake, generated-by-oculus email. How is a test user supposed to accept the invitation?
13 REPLIES 13

delphinius81
Rising Star
@cybereality
Any idea on how to proceed here?

geoabensur
Explorer
@@delphinius81
Any solution on how to accept an invite on a test account? Thanks

delphinius81
Rising Star
Nope... Haven't received any response on how to proceed here.

@cybereality
@vrdaveb

Any clues on what to do?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "email address is a fake, generated-by-oculus email". Test accounts are just normal Oculus accounts, with real email addresses. Can you explain?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

delphinius81
Rising Star
When you create a test user through the oculus dashboard (go to Test Users -> + Add Test User), the dashboard automatically generates a test account for you. The user name will be something like test_897asdfkadfs and the associated email address is <real email prefix>.<bunch of numbers>@<domain name>. For example, if my real account email were ThisIsMe@gmail.com, my test user email could be something like ThisIsMe.12345572@gmail.com.

If I add this test user as a subscribed user through release channels, an invitation to test the application is sent to ThisIsMe.12345572@gmail.com. That email address does not actually exist, since it is generated by Oculus when the test user is created. So it is impossible to accept the test invitation that is sent. As a result, it is impossible to do things like test IAP purchases using the fake credit card accepted by the platform.

delphinius81
Rising Star
@cybereality
Any updates on this issue? It really blocks being able to test IAP related changes.

TheVRCompany
Explorer
I'm having the same issue. Is there any way to accept the invite on test accounts?

Khaled_Shoukry
Honored Guest
We really need an answer to this post, @cybereality
When we create test users, it generates an account with the name on the developer account then appends a period and a bunch of random numbers @gmail.com or whatever host you have on your account. Now the problem is when you try to add a test user to the account it sends them an email invite. However, the test users generated by the "create test user" button on the dashboard makes account with fake emails. So they cannot accept an invitation to the ALPHA channel.

ElZapatoHombre
Honored Guest
Problem doesn't seem to have been fixed. Still waiting to hear about a solution. Until then, I'm trying to contact someone from Oculus Support...