cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus home headset reset not working.

Reddevildragg
Honored Guest
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone can help/point me in the right direction, working on an app for the Oculus store and i need to get the "reset view" functionality of the Oculus menu working, currently when i open the menu and click reset view it keeps the view the same it was before no does not reset forward. I have tested with other applications to ensure its not an error with my computer.

I used to reset it on keypress with one of the f keys using the unity documentation resetview() and this worked, but to be approved for the store i needed to remove this and use the built in functionality. The project has all this code removed so should not be interfering with anything.

I assumed that this would just work but i have been struggling for the last few days now. 

Thanks in advance for any help
2 REPLIES 2

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
Since Unity does not have a built-in api to tell vr apps to recenter, you have to use the oculus utilities to do this. All you need to do is add an instance of OVRManager.cs to a GameObject in your scene. It will listen for the recenter request and tell our SDK to recenter the view. If you need some other behavior, you can modify the script or subscribe to the RecenteredPose event.

fluxean
Honored Guest
I have yet to confirm this, but I assume vrdaveb's suggestion will fix failures related to VRC.PC.Input.3 correct?