cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to access CV1 tracking data and select what I need only?

Fuby1000
Protege
I've seen a lot of similar questions in the Unity section, but I couldn`t find a solution. Also I`m pretty new to this, so please keep in mind that I`m not an expert. I`m using Unity 5.4.1f1, Oculus Utilities 1.9 and the CV1.

What I want:
  1. I want to basically stream motion capturing data to Unity and use my CV1 as (just) a screen. -> Only using mocap data for position & orientation.
  2. I want to achieve that with the best possible performance.
  3. My application should allow the user to juggle with kegs or catch balls. Nothing too crazy.

What I`ve tried:
  1. Seems like turning off Oculus support and use the CV1 als second screen resolts in a bad experience.
  2. Writing a script to cancel out the CV1 tracking data and set it as parent of the camera results in a lot of unnecessary traffic.

My Question(s):
  1. Most of the stuff I read was older than 6 months. Is there a way now to turn of sensors/tracking data or select it?
  2. Can I achieve what I want in Unity?
  3. Can I achieve what I want outside of Unity? -> Is there any way at all or is the CV1 simply not meant to develop?
It`s my thesis to topic to use mocap data instead of the build in tracking data, so please don`t answer with "just use the build in tracking data". I wouldn`t mind downgrading if it works and is compatible with the other stuff.
I appreciate any helpful comment on this, since im realy stuck right now. 😕
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
The solution I provided is the best way. There is a ton of necessary software in order to drive Rift: lens distortion compensation, chromatic aberration correction, stereo rendering, dynamic IPD adjustment, time warp / space warp, etc. Just using the device like a monitor won't really be helpful for you (and you will spend lots of time reinventing what you already get out-of-box with Unity).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
First, this should be in the Developer forum in the Unity section. I'll move the thread. To answer your question, the best way to do this would be to use a parent empty game object to cancel out the motion. See this thread for the code:
https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/comment/417422/#Comment_417422

Fuby1000
Protege

First, this should be in the Developer forum in the Unity section. I'll move the thread. To answer your question, the best way to do this would be to use a parent empty game object to cancel out the motion. See this thread for the code:
https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/comment/417422/#Comment_417422

Sadly no, this is exactly what I've tried, mentioned in "2."(sorry if my description was a little to vague).  Unfortunately this is not an option for me since I want to get rid of anything unnecessary (I want the CV1 as just a screen, but I've read that turning of Oculus support completely would result in a realy bad experience). After reading nearly every single thread in this forum, I thought there might be no solution for Unity at all. That's why im asking if there might be a way outside of Unity.

cybereality
Grand Champion
The solution I provided is the best way. There is a ton of necessary software in order to drive Rift: lens distortion compensation, chromatic aberration correction, stereo rendering, dynamic IPD adjustment, time warp / space warp, etc. Just using the device like a monitor won't really be helpful for you (and you will spend lots of time reinventing what you already get out-of-box with Unity).